September 16, 2015 - Ben Carson's Rise & #IStandWithAhmed

  • 09/16/2015

Ben Carson rivals Donald Trump in GOP presidential polls, and Larry examines the arrest of Muslim high school student Ahmed Mohamed with Ice-T, Calise Hawkins and Ricky Velez.

>> THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

WELCOME TO THE NIGHTLY SHOW.

MAN, SUCH A GREAT AUDIENCE.

NORMALLY YOU COME TO THE SHOW,PEOPLE SAY, MAN, I HOPE I GET --

LISTEN, THE AUDIENCE I HAVE ABLACK LIVES MATTER BRACELET,

WHICH IS VERY NICE.

[ CHEERS AND APPLAUSE ]>> Wilmore: AND IT IS VERY

NICE LOOKING WHITE GENTLEMAN AAND SAID, YO LARRY, IT IS LIKE,

WHOA.

BLACK LIVES MATTER.

I AM LIKE, ALL RIGHT.

BUT, YOU KNOW, THAT'S EXACTLYWHAT HE SOUNDED LIKE.

HE ASKED IF I WOULD WEAR THEBRACELET AND SAID HE WAS OVER

AT COLBERT AND GAVE HIM ONETOO.

MY QUESTION IS, DOES THIS GUYHAVE A JOB? WHITE JOBS MATTER

TOO, YOU KNOW? I AM JUSTSAYING.

I AM JUST SAYING.

[ CHEERS AND APPLAUSE ]>> Wilmore: IF A MAN WANTS TO

GET OUT -- NO.

VERY NICE, VERY NICE.

I APPRECIATE IT.

OH, TONIGHT WAS THE SECONDREPUBLICAN DEBATE.

WHOA! FIREWORKS, MAN.

THAT WAS SOMETHING, RIGHT? YOUGUYS SEE WHEN TRUMP'S HEAD

OPENED UP AND THAT SERPENT CAMEOUT? DID YOU SEE THAT? THAT

WAS AWESOME, RIGHT? I DID NOTSEE THAT COMING.

RIGHT? I MEAN, I THOUGHT HEWOULD HAVE ANSWERED THAT

QUESTION ON THE ECONOMYCOMPLETELY DIFFERENTLY.

ALL RIGHT.

I DIDN'T SEE IT.

WE TAPED BEFORE IT AIRED.

BUT WE WILL HAVE FULL COVERAGETOMORROW, OKAY? OR AS JEB

EXCLAMATION POINT SAYS, ELTOMORROW.

>> I TELL YOU WHAT LET'S SEEWHAT IS HAPPENING WITH THE

PREDEBATE UNBLACKENING.

>> Wilmore: IN THE REPUBLICANRACE TO THE WHITE HOUSE, THERE

ARE CURRENTLY TWO FRONT RUNNERS,DONALD TRUMP AND FAMED TWIN BABY

SEPARATOR BEN CARSON.

IT'S A LITTLE STORY I LIKE TOCALL THE TORTOISE AND THE

HAIRDO.

>> AND NEW ELECTION POLLS,DR. BEN CARSON COMING OUT OF

NEAR OBSCURITY TO BE IN ASTATISTICAL DEAD HEAT WITH

DONALD TRUMP.

MOVING FROM SIX PERCENT IN JULYTO MORE THAN 20 PERCENT TODAY.

>> THAT'S RIGHT, BEN"NEAR OBSCURITY" CARSON IS IN

SECOND PLACE IN THE POLLS.

YOU KNOW, THIS IS VERY UPSETTINGYOU GUYS.

NO, NO.

NOT JUST BECAUSE CARSON SAIDOBAMACARE IS THE WORST THING

THAT HAPPENED SINCE SLAVERY.

NO, NO, NO, NO.

OR BECAUSE CARSON THINKS THATAFTER TAKING AN AP HISTORY

COURSE MOST AMERICANS WOULD BEREADY TO JOIN ISIS.

NO.

NOPE, NOPE, NOPE.

THIS IS UPSETTING BECAUSE,BECAUSE I MIGHT HAVE TO CHANGE

MY UNBLACKENING GRAPHIC.

>> ALL RIGHT.

ROLL THE NEW TEST GRAPHIC INCASE WE HAVE ANOTHER BLACK

PRESIDENT.

>> Wilmore: WOW!

[ CHEERS AND APPLAUSE ]>> Wilmore: WOW.

THOSE WHITE PEOPLE ARE REALLYSCARED.

YOU WOULD THINK THE BLOB WASCOMING OR SOMETHING.

ARE YOU READY FOR THERE-BLACKENING, AMERICA? I MEAN,

REALLY READY? NOW TO BE HONEST,I HAVE BEEN IGNORING CARSON

BECAUSE I JUST THOUGHT HE WASHERMAIN CAIN 2.0.

JUST ANOTHER BESPECTACLED BLACKMAN FROM BIDNESS WHO SEEMED TO

COME OUT OF NOWHERE WHENACTUALLY THEY WERE BOTH CREATED

IN A SECRET LAB WHERE ALL BLACKREPUBLICANS ARE MADE.

TRUE.

I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP.

THAT'S WHY I DIDN'T TAKE HIMSERIOUSLY.

SO WHY ARE PEOPLE SUDDENLY SOBIG ON BEN? DO PEOPLE LIKE THE

STRONG SILENT TYPE? DOES HEHAVE A SCALPEL SHARP WIT? I

MEAN, IS IT BECAUSE HE WASPORTRAYED BY CUBA GOODING, JR.

IN GIFTED HANDS, THE BEN CARSONSTORY? THIS IS A REAL MOVIE.

IT IS TRUE.

I DID NOT MAKE THAT TITLE UP.

IF I MADE IT UP IT WOULD HAVEBEEN CALLED THE BABY SEPARATOR,

OKAY? THAT'S WHAT I WOULD HAVECALLED IT.

IT IS JUST CLEANER, YOU KNOW.

YOU KNOW WHAT, (BLEEP) THAT.

I WILL CALL IT SNOW DOGS 2.

THAT IS BETTER.

>> SNOW DOGS 2, THE BEN CARSONSTORY, DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?

>> DESPITE THE CUBA-PPEAL,APPARENTLY VOTERS LIKE CARSON

FOR OTHERS REASON.

>> I THINK PEOPLE THINK HE IS AMORE DIGNIFIED ALTERNATIVE TO

DONALD TRUMP.

>> A MORE DIGNIFIED ALTERNATIVETHAN DONALD TRUMP? A RABID

HEDGEHOG IS MORE DIGNIFIED THANDONALD TRUMP.

I MEAN ALL OF THE REPUBLICANCANDIDATES ARE A DIGNIFIED

ALTERNATIVE TO DONALD TRUMP.

WHAT MAKES CARSON SO SPECIAL, IMEAN BESIDES HIS EERILY STEADY

SURGEON HANDS.

>> I THINK IF YOU TALK TO A LOTOF PEOPLE WHO SUPPORT BEN CARSON

THEY LIKE THE FACT THAT HEDOESN'T HAVE POLITICAL

EXPERIENCE.

>> THAT IS WHAT THEY LIKE? NOPOLITICAL EXPERIENCE? ARE YOU

KIDDING ME? WHAT IS THISOBSESSION REPUBLICANS HAVE WITH

WANTING UNQUALIFIED PEOPLE TOLEAD THE FREE WORLD?

[ CHEERS AND APPLAUSE ]>> Wilmore: I DON'T GET IT.

I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND IT.

NO OFFENSE BUT I DON'T NEED MYPRESIDENT TO PERFORM BRAIN

SURGERY, JUST LIKE I DON'T NEEDMY BRAIN SURGEON TO BE

PRESIDENT.

BEN CARSON SEPARATED CONJOINEDTWINS.

CONGRATULATIONS, WONDERFUL.

LET ME SAY MR. SMARTY PANTS THISPERSON THIS COUNTRY NEEDS

SOMEBODY WHO CAN BRING THISCOUNTRY TOGETHER, NOT SOMEBODY

WHO IS AN EXPERT AT PULLING THEMAPART.

I AND I AM NOT SAYING PULLING ISHOW YOU GOT THEM APART.

I DON'T KNOW I DON'T KNOW YOURMETHODS.

ALL RIGHT, CALM DOWN, LARRY.

JUST GIVE ME ONE PRESIDENTIALATTRIBUTE.

>> I THINK PEOPLE FEEL HE ISSINCERE.

>> PEOPLE LIKE THE FACT THAT HEIS GRACIOUS, THAT HE HAS

GRATITIUDE AND HE CARES ABOUTPEOPLE, AND THEY LIKE THE WAY HE

COMMUNICATES.

>> Wilmore: THE WAY HECOMMUNICATES? IT SOUNDS LIKE

SOMETIMES HE IS ABOUT TO FALLASLEEP.

HE HAS NO ENERGY.

>> I HAVE PLENTY OF ENERGY.

YOU KNOW, OPERATING ON PEOPLEFOR 10, 12, SOMETIMES GREATER

THAN 20 HOURS AT A TIME.

>> Wilmore: I HAVE PLENTY OFENERGY.

OH, I DON'T KNOW WHY PEOPLE SAYI DON'T.

HOW DO YOU THINK I SEPARATEDTWINS? ENERGY.

ALL RIGHT.

SORRY.

HERE TO HELP US UNDERSTAND THEAPPEAL OF BEN CARSON'S

COMMUNICATION STYLE IS OUR VERYOWN MIKE YARD.

MIKE YARD, EVERYONE.

[ CHEERS AND APPLAUSE ]>> Wilmore: MIKE PLEASE

EXPLAIN TO ME, WHAT IS GOING ONHERE? I MEAN BEN CARSON HAS NO

POLITICAL EXPERIENCE, NEVER HELDELECTED OFFICE, AND FRANKLY HE

PUTS ME TO SLEEP HALF THE TIME.

>> THAT'S EXACTLY IT, LARRY.

HIM PUTTING YOU TO SLEEP HALFTHE TIME.

THAT'S HIS STRATEGY.

SOFT-SPOKEN BROTHER.

>> Wilmore: WAIT.

THAT'S HIS STRATEGY? SOFT-SPOKEN BROTHER?

>> YES.

LARRY, LISTEN, A SOFT-SPOKENBROTHER SAYS EVERYTHING IN A WAY

THAT IS NONTHREATENING TO AREPUBLICAN.

LOOK AT AL SHARPTON, THATBROTHER IS WAY TOO LOUD TO EVER

GET ELECTED.

>> Wilmore: SO SOFT-SPOKENBROTHER IS WHY HE IS SURGING IN

THE POLLS? BUT WHAT ABOUT HISLACK OF EXPERIENCE?

>> IT DOESN'T MATTER.

OKAY? THEY RESPECT HIM BECAUSEHE SPECIALIZES IN SOMETHING

NOBODY UNDERSTAND UNDERSTANDS.

OKAY? SEPARATING BABIES' HEADS,COME ON, REPUBLICANS DON'T

UNDERSTAND THAT.

>> Wilmore: SO THEY ARE VOTINGFOR HIM BECAUSE THEY DON'T

UNDERSTAND WHAT HE DOES?

>> LARRY, WHERE DO YOU THINKRESPECT COMES FROM? OKAY, IT IS

LIKE HOW BLACK PEOPLE WILL FIGHTANYBODY BUT WE WILL THINK TWICE

ABOUT FIGHTING AN ASIAN DUDEBECAUSE WE RESPECT THE FACT THAT

HE MIGHT KNOW KARATE.

YES.

[ APPLAUSE ]>> OR SOME OTHER EXOTIC FIGHTING

METHOD THAT I DON'T UNDERSTAND.

YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN? IT ISRESPECT.

>> Wilmore: THAT IS NOTRESPECT.

THAT MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL TOOME.

>> PLUS LARRY HE'S A BLACKSHIELD.

>> Wilmore: BLACK SHIELD?

>> YES.

HE CAN MAKE ANY CRITICISM ABOUTOBAMA AND NOBODY CAN CLAIM

RACISM BECAUSE A BLACK GUY SAIDIT.

BFNLG CARE IS WORSE THANSLAVERY? SHIELDED.

>> Wilmore: I DON'T KNOW,MIKE.

BUT LOOK IF YOU ARE GOING TO WINAMERICA YOU HAVE TO WIN THE

BLACK VOTE AND MOST BLACK PEOPLEVOTE DEMOCRAT.

>> OH, LARRY, BLACK PEOPLE WILLBE HAPPY WITH HIM.

TRUST ME.

I PUT ALL HIS MUMBLY TALKTHROUGH A BLACKTROSCOPE SO YOUCAN

HEAR EXACTLY WHAT THE BROTHER ISREALLY SAYING.

>> Wilmore: A BLACKTROSCOPE?

>> A BLACKTROSCOPE.

BEN CARSON, PEOPLE THINK THATDOCTOR ONLY KNOW MED AND I LIKE

TO POINT OUT THE FACT THAT.

>> (BLEEP) ALL YOU MOTHER(BLEEP)ERS WHEN I AM IN THE

WHITE HOUSE I AM GOING TO DOWHATEVER I WANT.

>> THAT'S WHAT HE'S REALLYSAYING?

(BLEEP) YOU?

>> THAT SOUNDED LIKE YOU.

>> IT IS MY BLACKTROSCOPE,LARRY.

>> Wilmore: MIKE YARD,EVERYBODY.

>> BLACK TO BLACK 2016.

>> Wilmore: WE WILL BE RIGHTBACK.

>> Wilmore: WELCOME BACK.

SO LET ME ASK YOU A QUESTION.

EVERYBODY HAVING A GOOD TIME? FEELING GREAT? HAPPY? I HAVE

GOT A STORY THAT IS GOING TO FIXALL OF THAT.

>> A HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT NEARDALLAS HAS BEEN ARRESTED FOR

BRINGING A HOMEMADE CLOCK TOSCHOOL, 14-YEAR-OLD AHMED

MOHAMMED ENTITLE CLOCK OVER THEWEEKEND TO SHOW HIS ENGINEERING

TEACH.

AT LEAST THREE TEACHERS THOUGHTIT WAS A BOMB AND THEY CALLED

POLICE.

>> OH, MY GOD.

THIS STORY IS JUST AWFUL.

THE KID MADE A CLOCK AND HE GOTARRESTED FOR IT? AND LOOK AT

THIS, THEY HANDCUFFED THE POORKID IN HIS NASA T-SHIRT.

THAT IS RIDICULOUS AND CHECK OUTTHE BROTHER COP IN THE BACK.

HE CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE IT.

>> ALL RIGHT? HE IS JUST LIKEAH THERE IT WAS, THE LAST LITTLE

PART OF MY SOUL JUST DIED.

>> SO HOW DID THE QUESTIONING OFTHIS TEMPORAL MASTER MIND GO?

>> SCHOOL RESOURCE OFFICERSQUESTIONED THE STUDENT ABOUT HIS

INTENTIONS.

>> THE STUDENT WOULD ONLY SAY ITWAS A CLOCK AND WAS NOT

FORTHCOMING AT THAT TIME ABOUTANY OTHER DETAILS.

>> Wilmore: THAT'S BECAUSE THEREWERE NO OTHER DETAILS.

IT'S A CLOCK.

AND IT TELLS TIME BECAUSE IT'S ACLOCK.

THIS STORY IS A GUT PUNCH, MAN.

I MEAN, I WAS A NERD.

THIS KID LOOKS KIND OF LIKE ME.

ACTUALLY, I LOOKED WAY NERDIERTHAN AHMED.

AHMED COULD COULD YOUNG LARRY'SASS TO BE HONEST.

>> BUT LOOK HERE IS A KID WHOWAS DOING EVERYTHING RIGHT,

EXCELLING IN SCHOOL, BUILDINGCLOCKS IN HIS FREE TIME, THAT IS

WHAT HE LIKES TO DO, AND NEWYORK CITY IS ABOUT TO SPEND

$80 MILLION TO GET KIDSINTERESTED IN COMPUTER SCIENCE

AND HERE IS A KID WHO IS ALREADYINTERESTED FOR FREE.

>> ALL RIGHT, WELL LET ME SEEWHAT IN CLOCK LOOKS LIKE.

HMM.

ALL RIGHT.

WELL, IT MIGHT LOOK LIKESOMETHING JACK BAUER MIGHT HAVE

TO DISARM, MAYBE.

BUT ONCE WE DETERMINE THE FACTIT IS A CLOCK THAT DOESN'T COUNT

DOWN HOW DOES HE END UP INHANDCUFFS.

>> LET'S JUST SAY IT.

THERE IS NO WAY THE SCHOOL WOULDHAVE DONE THIS IF HE WASN'T

MUSLIM.

KEEP IT 100.

I MEAN, SERIOUSLY, IN TEXAS YOUCAN DRIVE THROUGH

CHICK-FIL-A SPORTING AN AR-15AND NOBODY BATS AN EYE.

THEY JUST ASK IF YOU WOULD LIKEWAFFLE FRIES WITH IT, RIGHT?

>> BUT LOOK THIS IS THE NIGHTLYSHOW WE HAVE TO BE FAIR.

WHICH IS WHY IT'S TIME FOR OURNEW SEGMENT, FIVE REASONS THIS

MIGHT NOT HAVE BEEN COMPLETELYISLAMOPHOBIC.

>> I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THATMUSIC IS.

THAT IS SO WEIRD.

I THINK IT IS MIDDLE EASTERN, IREALLY DO.

OKAY LOOK GUYS THERE ARE PLENTYOF VALID REASONS THIS MAY NOT

HAVE BEEN AN ISLAMOPHOBIAARREST.

LIKE NUMBER ONE, THE TEACHERSTHOUGHT THAT HIS CLOCK WAS A

TIME MACHINE AND THIS KID WASTRYING TO GO BACK IN TIME AND

PROTECT BABY HITLER.

IT'S POSSIBLE OR NUMBER 2, 1 OFTHE STUDENTS FRIENDS IS A FAN OF

THE NINETIES SLANG AND SAID HEYTHAT CLOCK IS DA BOMB, WHICH THE

TEACHERS JUST MISHEARD.

MAYBE.

ALL RIGHT.

NUMBER 3, REASON WHY THIS MAYNOT HAVE BEEN JUST COMPLETE

100 PERCENT NO HOLDS BARREDBALLS TO THE WALL ISLAMOPHOBIA.

THE ARRESTING OFFICERS WALKED INON HIS WIFE DOING SOMETHING

UNHOLY WITH A SWATCH WATCH ANDNOW HE HAS GOT AN UNSTOPPABLE

VENDETTA AGAINST IN AND ALL-TIMEPIECES.

MAYBE? A LITTLE BIT.

OKAY.

THAT ONE IS POSSIBLE.

THE NUMBER 4 REASON IT MAY NOTHAVE BEEN ISLAMOPHOBIA.

WEIRD KIDS WHO ARE GOOD WITHGADGETS ALWAYS GROW UP TO BE

SUPER VILLAINS, VILLAINS.

ID YOU NOT SEE THE INCREDIBLES? ALL RIGHT? IT IS POSSIBLE.

IT IS POSSIBLE.

AND FINALLY, THE NUMBER 5 REASONWHY ARRESTING A KID WITH A CLOCK

COULD HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TODO WITH THE FACT THAT HE'S

MUSLIM, IN TEXAS, IT ACTUALLY ISILLEGAL TO MAKE ANYTHING THAT

ACKNOWLEDGES THAT TIME MOVESFORWARD.

WE WILL BE RIGHT BACK.

>> Wilmore: WELCOME BACK.

I AM HERE WITH MY PANEL, NIGHTLYSHOW CONTRIBUTOR, VERY FUNNY

MAN, RICKY VELEZ.

[ CHEERS AND APPLAUSE ]>> Wilmore: JOINING US AGAIN,

VERY FUNNY COMEDIAN, CALISEHAWKINS.

[ CHEERS AND APPLAUSE ]>> Wilmore: AND HE IS A RAPPER

AND VERY POPULAR LAW AND ORDERSVU, PREMIERING SEPTEMBER 23RD

ON NBC, EVERYBODY KNOWS HIM, ICET.

[ CHEERS AND APPLAUSE ]>> Wilmore: OKAY.

THIS STORY BLOWN, BLOWING UP ALLOVER THE INTERNET, THIS KID WHO

WHO BUILT A BOMB, I MEAN ACLOCK.

OKAY, DOES ANY PART OF THIS MAKESENSE TO ANYBODY? I MEAN THIS

IS OBVIOUSLY -->> I ACTUALLY HAVE BEEN ARRESTED

FOR THE SAME OFFENSE.

>> Wilmore: FOR A FAKEBUILDING OF A BOMB?

>> ALL RIGHT.

CAN I TELL THE STORY?

>> YES.

PLEASE.

>> I WAS ON TOUR AND I WAS INCOLORADO AND I WENT TO A GIFT

STORE LIKE A LITTLE NOVELTYSTORE AND I BOUGHT THIS THING

THAT LOOKED LIKE A BOMB BUT ACHOCK ON THE FRONT OF IT AND

THEY SOLD IT AT THE STORE AT THEMALL AND IT HAD SIX FAKE -- AND

IT HAD A BOMB AND THE COOL THINGABOUT IT WHEN IT TOUCHED IT

WOULD GO, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP.

IT WAS LEGAL.

I BOUGHT IT.

OKAY.

AND SO I GOT IT AND SAID THIS ISCOOL.

I AM GOING TO TAKE THIS PUT THISON MY MANTEL I LIKE THIS STUFF

AND I HAD IT IN MY HOTEL ROOM INTHE SUITCASE AND I WENT UP TO

THE ROOF FOR DINNER AND WHEN ICAME BACK DOWN, MY KEY DIDN'T

WORK SO I WENT DOWNSTAIRS -- ITCOULD BE -- I AM IN THE ROOM.

OH, SIR.

YOU ARE IN 70 WHAT? THEY TOOKME IN THE BACK AND THE COPS WERE

THERE AND THEY SAID, DO YOU KNOWWHAT WAS IN YOUR ROOM? I SAID

MY LUGGAGE, AND YOU KNOW WHATELSE? I FIGURED IT OUT.

>> FROM WHEN THE LADY WENT TOTURN DOWN THE ROOM, SHE FOUND

IT, SHE CALLED THE SECURITY, THECOPS.

>> THIS IS A FEW YEARS AGO.

>>>> Wilmore: POST 9/11.

>> YES.

CALLED THE COPS.

THE COPS EVACUATEDFIVE FLOORS OF THE HOTEL, AND SO

THEY TELL ME, I AM LIKE OKAY YOUKNOW IT IS NOT A BOMB, WHATEVER

YOU GUYS MADE A MISTAKE, THEYSAID NO YOU ARE UNDER ARREST AND

I SAID FOR WHAT.

>> THEY SAID FOR POSSESSION OF AHOAX DEVICE.

>> WHOA.

>> AND I AM LIKE I DIDN'T GOINTO THE LOBBY AND YELLED ALLAH

AKBAR, SO THINK WAY, THIS IS AMISTAKE THEY MADE DEALING WITH

ICE T, THEY SAID WE ESSENTIALLYKNOW WHO YOU ARE, YOU ARE UNDER

ARREST BUT LET YOU SHOW UP INCOURT TOMORROW AND THEY TOOK MY

IT AND THEY SAID, JUST SHOW UPIN THE COURT TOMORROW AND WE

WILL CLEAR IT OUT.

>> HOLD ON A SECOND, THEY KNEWWHO YOU WERE.

>> RIGHT.

>> SOMEONE WENT IN -->> THEY DIDNT KNOW WHO I WAS

BECAUSE ONCE THEY TOLD ME IWOULD SHOW UP IN COURT TOMORROW

I AM FROM THE OLD SCHOOL, THECATCH COMES BEFORE THE HANGING I

WAS THE HELL OUT OF COLORADO, ILEFT AND THEY NEVER SAW ME

AGAIN.

I PROBABLY GOT WARRANTS THERENOW.

I WAS OUT.

THAT'S HOW THEY DIDN'T KNOW WHOYOU WERE.

>> THEY DIDN'T KNOW THAT PARTABOUT ME.

>> OH, I AM UNDER ARREST BUT ALLYOU ARE TAKING MY ID, WATCH THIS

PLAYER, WATCH THIS.

>> Wilmore: BUT THIS IS REALLY-- I THINK IF THIS KID ISN'T

MUSLIM WE DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM.

>> ABSOLUTELY.

>> I DISAGREE.

>> Wilmore: YOU DISAGREE WITHTHAT?

>> YES.

THE KID HAD A BRIEFCASE WITH ACLOCK IN IT.

IT IS INSANE.

IF YOUR CHILD IS THAT CLASSROOMWOULD YOU JUST BE COOL WITH

THAT.

>> Wilmore: OF COURSE.

IT IS JUST A CLOCK.

>> COME ON, BE SERIOUS.

IF A WHITE KID WALKED IN WITHTHAT THEY WOULDN'T THINK

IT WAS A BOMB. LET'S KEEP IT 100

>> I DON'T AGREE WITH THAT ATALL.

>> Wilmore: ARE YOU SERIOUS?

>> I MEAN WHITE KIDS SHOOT UPSCHOOLS ALL THE TIME, THAT'S

THEIR (BLEEP).

>> Wilmore: BUT THERE IS NOBOMB, THERE IS NO BOMB, YOU LOOK

AT IT AND SEE THERE IS NO -->> DID YOU SEE THE PICTURE OF

IT.

>> Wilmore: DO YOU UNDERSTANDWHAT A BOMB LOOKS LIKE.

>> NO, I DON'T.

I DON'T.

I AM SORRY, I DON'T.

I AM NOT IN TOUCH WITH THE BOMB,WITH THE ENGINEERING TEACHER SAW

IT FIRST AND SAID OH THAT IS ANICE BOMB.

-- YOU CALL THE BOMB SQUAD ANDLET THEM LOOK AT IT.

>> YOU CALL A BOMB SQUAD AND THEPOLICE DIDN'T DO THAT.

THEY INTERROGATED THIS KID ANDKEEP HIM IN THE OFFICE, HE IS A

NINTH GRADER.

HE IS A KID WHO JUST MADE ACLOCK AND THEY ARE INTERROGATING

HIM BECAUSE HE IS A MUSLIMASKING HIM IF HE IS --

>> IF HE KNEW KARATE LIKE HE ISON (BLEEP) AND PULL GUNS OR

SOMETHING OUT?

>> Wilmore: BUT DON'T CALL THEBOMB SQUAD. YOU ACCEPT THAT

IT IS A CLOCK ONCE YOU DETERMINEIT IS A CLOCK.

OKAY?

>> WHO WAS THE TEACHER THAT SAIDIT WAS A CLOCK?

>> Wilmore: THE ENGINEERINGTEACHER SAID IT IS A CLOCK.

>> BUT THE ENGINEERING TOLD THEMNOT TO TAKE IT OUT OF THE CASE.

>> BECAUSE HE KNOWS HE'S IN[BLEEP] TEXAS

>> IN TEXAS, YOU ARE ALLOWED TOWALK AROUND WITH A GUN BUT YOU

CAN'T HAVE A CLOCK.

IN TEXAS.

[ CHEERS AND APPLAUSE ]>> Wilmore: OKAY, SO NOW, DO

BLACK PARENT HAVE TO TALK TOTHEIR KIDS ABOUT POLICE AND NOW

ISLAMIC PARENTS HAVE TO TALK TOTHEIR KIDS ABOUT CLOCKS.

>> EVERY PARENT NEEDS TO TALK TOTHEIR KIDS ABOUT HOW TO BE SAFE

MUSLIM PARENTS HAVE TO TELLTHEIR KIDS NOT TO WALK

AROUND WITH OBJECTS THAT TICK.

BLACK PARENTS HAVE TO TELL THEIRKIDS NOT TO WALK AROUND IN

PUBLIC WITH TOY GUNS AND WHITEPARENTS HAVE TO TELL THEIR KIDS

TO STAY AWAY FROM MUSLIM KIDSTHAT TICK AND BLACK KIDS WITH

TOY GUNS.

>> Wilmore: YOU THINK THEY'RESUSPICIOUS THAT SOMEBODY YOUNG

MIGHT ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING LIKETHIS, EVEN THOUGH HE WENT TO THE

TEACHERS HIMSELF.

THE KID WENT TO THE TEACHERHIMSELF AND SAID LOOK WHAT I

MADE.

AND THEY ARE SAYING TO HIM, HEDID THIS ALL THROUGH MIDDLE

SCHOOL.

HE IS ONE OF THOSE NERDY KIDS INROBOTICS.

>> A SMART KID.

>> Wilmore: ABSOLUTELY SO HEINVENT ALL THE TIME THIS IS ONE

OF HIS INVENTIONS AND SHOWED ITTO THE TEACHER, THIS IS GREAT.

>> AND IN HIS BACKPACK.

>> HE SHOULD NEVER, HE SHOULDNEVER HAVE MADE IT TO THE

HANDCUFFS. I'M NOT A REAL COPBUT I KNOW THAT

THE REASON THEY HANDCUFF YOU IS

YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE UNDERARREST BUT THEY HAVE TO FEEL YOU

ARE A DANGER. IF THERE'S FIVEPEOPLE, THEY'LL SAY

WE WILL CUFF YOU WHILE WE ASKYOU THE

QUESTIONS.

WHY WAS IN IN THE CUFFS?

>> I DON'T AGREE WITH THE CUFFSAND DON'T THINK YOU SHOULD CUFF

A KID THAT WEIGHS 90-POUNDS BUTAT THE SAME TIME I THINK THIS IS

A CLOCK, WHAT TIME IS IT? AREYOU GOING TO OPEN A GOD DAMN

BRIEFCASE EVERY TIME?

>> HE HAD TO BRING IT TO SCHOOLIN SOMETHING.

>> Wilmore: WE WILL BE RIGHTBACK.

>> GRAB SOME FREE TICKETS TO ANUPCOMING TAPING OF THE NIGHTLY

SHOW.

THE SHOW TAPES MONDAY THROUGHTHURSDAY.

FOR COMPLETE DETAILS GO TOTHENIGHTLYSHOW.COM/TICKETS.