April 16, 2015 - Aaron Hernandez Verdict & Conspiracy Talk

  • 04/16/2015

Larry reports on former NFL star Aaron Hernandez's murder conviction and then dives into popular conspiracy theories with Neil deGrasse Tyson, Mike Cannon and Robin Thede.

>> Larry: TONIGHTLY, FORMERPATRIOTS TIGHT END AARON

HERNANDEZ WILL SPEND LIFE INPRISON.

GUYS, I TOLD YOU DEFLATEGATE WASSERIOUS.

A FLORIDA MAN MAKES ASTATEMENT BY LANDING A

HELICOPTER ON THE LAWN OFTHE U.S. CAPITOL.

AND THAT STATEMENT IS,PEOPLE FROM FLORIDA BE

CRAY-CRAY.

ALSO WE'REDISCUSSING CONSPIRACY

THEORIES BECAUSE WE'RETRYING TO BREAK NEIL

DEGRASSE TYSON'S BRAIN.

(CHEERS AND APPLAUSE)>> Larry: SO PUT DOWN THE

REMOTE, PUT ON YOUR TIN FOILHAT, THIS IS THE NIGHTLY

SHOW.

(CHEERS AND APPLAUSE) Captioning sponsored by

>> Larry: YES.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

THANK YOU.

WELCOME.

(AUDIENCE CHANTS "LARRY!")

>> Larry: THANK YOU VERYMUCH.

WELCOME TO THE NIGHTLY SHOW.

I'M YOUR HOST, LARRYWILMORE.

(CHEERS AND APPLAUSE)>> Larry: THANK YOU VERY

MUCH.

YOU'RE VERY KIND.

YOU'RE VERY KIND.

WE'VE GOT TO GET TO THIS.

THERE ARE A FEW STORIES INTHE NEWS I WANT TO TALK

ABOUT.

LET'S GET TO THE BIGGESTONE AND BY BIGGEST I MEAN

A SIX FOOT 1 INCH MURDERER.

>> FORMER NFL STAR AARONHERNANDEZ WAS FOUND GUILTY

OF MURDER.

THE VERDICT CAME DOWNMOMENTS AGO.

HERNANDEZ STOOD ACCUSED OFKILLING ODIN LLOYD IN 2013.

>> Larry: NOW THE NEWS OF AGUILTY VERDICT CAME AS

SOMEWHAT OF A SHOCK SEEINGAS NORMALLY THERE ARE NO

CONSEQUENCES WHEN A PATRIOTBREAKS THE RULES.

HEY, DON'T HATE THEMESSENGER.

AS FOR PUNISHMENT, HE GOT ALIFE SENTENCE AND IF YOU

THINK THAT'S HARSH, IF YOUADD ON THE LIKELY TWO-GAME

NFL SUSPENSION, WHOOO!

SUFFAH!

SUFFAH!

(APPLAUSE)RIGHT.

SO ANYWAY, WHAT WASHERNANDEZ'S REACTION TO THE

VERDICT?

>> THE FORMER PATRIOTSTIGHT END SHOWED ALMOST NO

EMOTION AS THE VERDICT WASREAD, EXCEPT FOR A MOMENT HE

APPEARS TO SEND A MESSAGEDIRECTLY TO THE JURY,

MOUTHING THESE WORDS.

YOU'RE WRONG.

>> IN ALL FAIRNESS, HETHOUGHT HE HEARD NOT GUILTY.

HE WAS JUST CORRECTING THEM.

IT'S THE ONLY REASON I CAN THINKOF BECAUSE THIS GUY, I THINK

HE DEFINITELY DID IT.

I MEAN HE'S GOT A PRETTYCRAZY TRACK RECORD.

WHILE HE WAS A FRESHMAN ATTHE UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA,

HERNANDEZ BROKE A BOUNCER'SEARDRUM OVER A DISPUTED BAR

TAB IN A FIGHT AND WAS ALSOA PERSON OF INTEREST IN THE

SHOOTING OF TWO MEN.

BUT NO CHARGES WERE FILEDBECAUSE, WELL, YOU KNOW,

UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA.

(LAUGHTER)HEY, THOUGH, YOU'VE GOT TO

RESPECT HERNANDEZ, HE WENTTO COLLEGE TO PURSUE AND

PERFECT HIS TWO CRAFTS,FOOTBALL AND MURDERING

PEOPLE.

(LAUGHTER)GIVE HIM CREDIT.

YOU GOT TO GIVE HIM CREDIT.

(APPLAUSE)THAT'S ALL I'M SAYING.

SO REALLY IT SHOULD COME ASNO SURPRISE THAT DURING THE

ODIN LLOYD INVESTIGATION,INVESTIGATORS TURNED UP EVEN

MORE MURDERS THAT THE FORMERTIGHT END HAD LIKELY

PARTICIPATED IN.>> LATER THIS YEAR HE IS

EXPECTED TO STAND TRIAL FORDOUBLE MURDER IN BOSTON

THIS STEMS FROM A DRIVE BYSHOOTING IN 2012

HE'S ALSO BEING SUED IN CIVILCOURT BY A MAN WHO SAYS AARON

HERNANDEZ SHOT HIM IN THEFACE.

>> DAMN, MAN!

EVEN WHITEY BULGER IS LIKESLOW YOUR ROLL, YOUNG FELLA.

I'M THE CRAZIEST MANTO COME OUT OF BOSTON.

YOU KNOW, HERNANDEZ HAS AVIOLENT TRACK RECORD

CONCERNS ME ENOUGH THAT, YOUKNOW, I WOULD ACTUALLY LIKE

TO DO A PUBLIC SERVICEANNOUNCEMENT RIGHT HERE IN

THE MIDDLE OF THE SHOW.

(LAUGHTER)HI, I'M BASIC CABLE'S LARRY

WILMORE.

A RECENT STUDY SHOWS THATOVER 90% OF AMERICANS MAY

HAVE HAD A FRIEND ORRELATIVE MURDERED BY AARON

HERNANDEZ.

SO IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOWHAS BEEN SHOT, STABBED,

SHIVVED, BOX CUTTED, NINJASTARRED OR CHOKED OUT BY

AARON HERNANDEZ, YOU'RE NOTALONE.

TO SHARE YOUR STORIES ANDOFFER COMMUNITY SUPPORT,

PLEASE VISIT WWW.AARONHERNANDEZ DEFINITELY DID IT,

NO DOUBT ABOUT IT I MEANSERIOUSLY LOOK AT THE

EVIDENCE.COMEBACK/HE'S ADEEP LEVEL OF EVIL BUT I BET

BELICHICK WOULD TAKE HIMBACK ANYWAY.

(CHEERS AND APPLAUSE)>> Larry: THANK YOU.

TOGETHER WE CAN GET THROUGHTHIS-- WAIT, DID I SAY.COM,

I MEANT.ORG.

.COM APPARENTLY WAS ALREADYTAKEN.

>> BY THE WAY, BIZZARE NEWSBROKE IN THE CAPITOL YESTERDAY

>> THE U.S. CAPITOL HAD ABRIEF SECURITY SCARE TODAY

WHEN A GYROCOPTER LANDED ONTHE WEST LAWN.

>> Larry: THAT'S RIGHT.

IT LACKS LIKE ONCE AGAINIT'S TIME FOR OUR SEGMENT,

WHAT DOES THE PILOT OF THISWACKY GYRO COPTER THAT JUST

LANDED ON THE CAPITOL MALLWANT?

>> Larry: THAT'S REALLYWORTH THE WAIT, ISN'T IT?

SO WHAT DID HE WANT?

>> THE PURPOSE OF IT WAS TOCALL ATTENTION TO THE UNITED

STATES CONCERNING OURCAMPAIGN-FINANCE LAWS.

(LAUGHTER)>> Larry: OKAY, SEE THIS IS

HOW RIDICULOUS PEOPLE HAVEGOTTEN THEY ACTUALLY

THINK THAT DOING STUPIDSTUNTS LIKE THIS IS THE WAY

TO HAVE SERIOUS POLITICALCONVERSATIONS, HEY, MAN,

JUST BECAUSE YOU LANDED YOURSTUPID GYRO COPTER ON THE

CAPITOL LAWN, THAT IS TO THEGOING TO MAKE PEOPLE TALK

ABOUT CAMPAIGN FINANCE, DUMBDUMB.

>>HE HAD A POINT TO MAKEABOUT CAMPAIGN-FINANCE

REFORM.

>> CAMPAIGN-FINANCE REFORM.

>> CAMPAIGN FINANCE ISSUES.

>> CAMPAIGN-FINANCE REFORM.

>> CAMPAIGN-FINANCE REFORM.

>> Larry: OH.

(LAUGHTER)ACTUALLY WORKED.

OKAY, LET ME SEE IF IUNDERSTAND THIS.

A GUY CRASHES HIS GYROCOPTERAND PEOPLE PAY ATTENTION TO

HIS ISSUE.

AND BLACK PEOPLE, ALL THISTIME WE'VE BEEN MARCHING?

IS THERE NO BROTHER THAT HASA GYRO COPTER OUT THERE?

SERIOUSLY.

(APPLAUSE)AND GOOD FOR YOU GYROCOPTER

GUY, NICE JEDI MIND TRICK.

PRETTY GOOD.

BY THE WAY, WHICH ACTUALLYBRINGS US TO THIS.

>> CHEWIE, WE'RE HOME.

(CHEERS AND APPLAUSE)I CAN'T TAKE IT!

I CAN'T TAKE IT!

I'M SO PUMPED TO WATCHDISNEY'S NEWEST TOY

COMMERCIAL, I CAN'T TAKE IT.

NO, BUT REALLY, I AM REALLYEXCITED.

OH, MAN, I DO HAVE SOMEQUESTIONS LIKE OKAY, CHEWIE

DOESN'T AGE?

CHEWIE LOOKING EXACTLYTHE SAME, REALLY MAKES

HARRISON FORD SEEM THAT MUCHOLDER, I'M SORRY.

I MEAN AT THIS POINTSHOULDN'T CHEWIE LOOK LIKE

THIS?

(LAUGHTER)A COMB OVER, COMB OVER.

NOW OF COURSE GEORGE LUCASDIDN'T DIRECT THIS STAR

WARS AND IT MIGHT BE BECAUSEHE'S TOO BUSY TAKING SITH-LIKE

REVENGE ON HIS NEIGHBORS.

>> THREE YEARS AGO STAR WARSCREATOR GEORGE LUCAS RAN

INTO A BUZZ SAW OFOPPOSITION FROM HIS WEALTHY

RURAL MARIN NEIGHBORS WHENHE TRIED TO EXPAND HIS

SKYWALKER RANCH STUDIO.

>> Larry: SO WHAT IS LUCASBUILDING INSTEAD, HMMMM?

WHAT WOULD STRIKE THE MOSTFEAR INTO THE HEARTS OF

THOSE 1 PERCENT OF NORTHERNCALIFORNIA TYPES.

PLEASE BE A SARLACC PIT,PLEASE BE A SARLACC PIT, A

WAMPA CAVE WOULD BE GOODTOO.

>> ONE OF THE BAY AREA'SBIGGEST AFFORDABLE HOUSING

PROJECTS COULD BE COMING TOA PLACE WHERE IT MIGHT BE

LEAST EXPECTED.

>> WE GOT ENOUGHMILLIONAIRES HERE.

HOUSING FOR MILLIONAIRESHERE BUT WE NEED SOME

HOUSING FOR REGULAR WORKINGPEOPLE.

>> Larry: OH, SNAP.

(APPLAUSE)OH!

IT'S WORSE THAN THEDEATHSTAR, BABY.

IT'S HOUSING FOR POORS,THOSE RICH PEOPLE THINK THAT

LUCAS IS GOING TO TURN THEIROWN PERSONAL FOREST OF

ENDOR INTO THE MOS EISLEY SPACEFORT, HOLLA!

YOU WILL NEVER FIND A MOREWRETCHED HIVE OF SCUM.

AND RAPIDLY DROPPINGPROPERTY VALUES.

BUT SERIOUSLY, THIS ISAWESOME.

GOOD FOR YOU, GEORGE.

YOU KNOW.

AND YOU KNOW WHAT, I SAYYEAH, IT'S FINE, I THINK

IT'S GREAT.

THAT'S GREAT.

GOOD FOR YOU.

IT'S REALLY GREAT.

AND BY THE WAY, ALL ISFORGIVEN NOW FOR EPISODES ONE

THROUGH THREE.

JAR JAR, ENDLESS TRADE ROUTENEGOTIATIONS, YODA BACK FLIPS,

ALL OF IT.

BUT HAN STILL FIRST, WE'LLBE RIGHT BACK.

>> Larry: OKAY, WELCOME BACK TOOUR SHOW, OUR PANELISTS

TONIGHT: COMEDIAN AND HOST OFTHE CONSPIRACY

PODCAST DEEP INSIDE THERABBIT HOLE MIKE CANNON.

SHE'S THE HEAD WRITER ON THENIGHTLY SHOW WITH LARRY

WILMORE, OUR VERY OWN ROBINTHEDE.

AND AMERICA'S FAVOURITEASTROPHYSICIST AND HOST OF

"STARTALK" PREMIERING ONNATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC MONDAY

NIGHT AT 11 P.M., COME ON,NEIL DEGRASSE TYSON.

(CHEERS AND APPLAUSE)RIGHT.

OKAY.

NOW THAT'S GREAT, MAN,THAT'S GREAT.

GOT HIS OWN TALK SHOW. SLOW YOURROLL ON THAT TALK SHOW THING

NO, THAT'S OKAY, THAT'SOKAY.

NOW TONIGHT WE HAVE A LITTLEFUN BECAUSE WE HAVE THE

GREATEST SCIENTIFIC MIND OFTHE WORLD AT THE TABLE AND

ALSO NEIL DEGRASSE TYSON.

IT'S A JOKE.

>> I GOT IT, I GOT IT.

>> SO I THOUGHT IT WOULD BEFUN IF WE DISCUSSED

CONSPIRACY THEORIES.

A LOT OF PEOPLE BELIEVETHEM.

I KNOW YOU GUYS BELIEVE,SOME OF THIS STUFF.

>> EVERYBODY BELIEVES ALITTLE BIT.

AND SO YOU KNOW, IT'S FUNNY.

>> SOME PEOPLE DON'T BELIEVEIT AT ALL.

>> BUT NOT ANYBODY BELIEVESA LITTLE BIT.

>> WELL, WE'LL SEE.

WE'LL SEE, CUZ ONCE YOU GETINTO IT, YOU WOULD BE

SURPRISED IT JUST STARTMAKING, YOU KNOW, WE'LL GET

TO THAT NEIL DEGRASSE.

SO BUT IT'S FUNNY, THERE WASA TIME THAT I ACTUALLY

BELIEVED A LOT OF CRAZYCONSPIRACIES.

I HAD THIS TALK SHOW BACK INTHE '70s.

IT WAS-- YOU KNOW, I KIND OFADDRESSED SOME OF THIS STUFF,

YOU KNOW WHAT, LET'S JUSTSHOW A CLIP BECAUSE I CAN'T

REMEMBER WHAT I SAID.

>> YOU KNOW WHO BUILT THEPYRAMIDS, ALIENS.

YUP, I KNOW, MY COUSINJEROME

WAS ABDUCTED BYONE.

I KNOW THE GOVERNMENT HASMANY CONSPIRACIES AGAINST

BLACK PEOPLE, THE ONE PLACEWHERE THEY DON'T IS DRUGS.

YOU KNOW, IN FACT, THERE ISTHIS MIRACLE DRUG COMING OUT,

I WILL GIVE YOU A TRIP RIGHTNOW, IT'S CALLED CRACK.

YOU'LL PROBABLY SEE IT IN FOUROR FIVE YEARS,

THIS IS GOING TO CHANGEEVERYTHING.

THAT'S THE ONE PLACE WHERETHE GOVERNMENT IS NOT

INVOLVED IN AT ALL IS CRACK.

RIGHT?

I DATED A LIZARD CHICK ONCE,I DID.

RIGHT WHEN I GOT THERE SHEWAS LIKE, YOU KNOW, SHEDDING

ALL THAT SKIN.

SHE HAD A TAIL.

IT WAS DISGUSTING.

WE STILL DID IT THOUGH.

SO I'M JUST SAYING, I'M JUSTSAYING I BELIEVE THAT.

OKAY, BUT LET'S START WITHTHE FIRST ONE.

THIS IS TRUE.

SOME PEOPLE BELIEVE THEREWAS NOT A MOON LANDING THAT

WE DID NOT GO TO THE MOON.

I' BELIEVE THERE WAS AMOON LANDING, MIKE?

>> YEAH, BUT I THINK THEVIDEOS ARE FAKE.

THE SET WAS SO LAZY.

I COULD HAVE FILMED THAT INMY APARTMENT WITH GRAY

SHEETS.

>> Larry: WAIT, SO HOW COULDTHEY NOT-- WHERE DID THE

VIDEO COME FROM?

>> I DON'T KNOW, JUSTSOMEBODY'S HANDHELD

CAMCORDER.

>> Larry: WERE THEY LIKE ONA SET OR SOMETHING.

>> I THINK SO, RIGHT.

>> Larry: NEIL DEGRASSEPLEASE DEBUNK THAT.

>> ARE YOU TRYING TO JUSTBLOW MY MIND OUT OF-- .

>> Larry: NO.

>> SO YOU CAN LOOK AT THESATURN 5 ROCKET WHICH GOT US

TO THE MOON AND BACK.

AND CALCULATE HOW MUCH FUELIS IN THERE, AND WATCH THIS

THING TAKE OFF AND ASKYOURSELF, WHERE THE HELL DO

YOU THINK THIS THING ISGOING.

THERE'S ENOUGH FUEL TO GETYOU TO THE MOON AND STUFF

LEFT OVER TO COME BACK.

IT'S NOT JUST GOING DOWN TOTHE GROCERY STORE.

IT IS A SATURN 5 ROCKET,IT'S A SATURN 5, IT'S A

SATURN 5.

ONE NOZZLE -->> OKAY, SATURN 5 ROCKET IS

THE SIZE OF THIS TABLE ANDIT'S FIVE OF THEM, AND IT'S

33 STORIES TALL AND YOU'REGOING TO SAY IT WENT

NOWHERE.

>> NO, IT WENT.

>> NO, IT WENT THERE.

IT WENT.

>> OKAY.

>> WAIT, WAIT, WAIT SO ITWENT THERE

>> YES.

>> BUT FAKED THE VIDEOFOOTAGE WHILE THEY WERE

THERE.

WHAT SENSE DOES THAT MAKE.

>> BECAUSE IT CAME OUTPOORLY.

IT WAS A BAD FIRST TAKE.

>> OKAY, HERE'S WHAT SOMEPEOPLE ARE SAYING

THAT-- THIS MAKES ME LAUGH.

THAT THE FLAG THEY FLAG THATWAS WAVING, DO WE HAVE A

SHOT OF THAT YOU'VE SEENTHIS, RIGHT.

THERE IS THE FLAG.

AND THEY SAID THERE IS NOWIND ON THE MOON.

HOW COME THE FLAG WAVES.

>> SEE, SOMEBODY SAID OOH,SEE?

SEE?

>> NO, NO.

>> HIGHLY PRODUCED.

>> EXPLAIN FLAG WAVING.

>> FLAG WAVING, IN THATPARTICULAR CASE SINCE THERE

IS NO AIR ON THE MOON,ANYTHING SET INTO MOTION

BECAUSE THEY SET UP THE FLAG,AND HE'S HOLDING IT AND THEN

LET GO.

THE FLAG WHIPS BACK AN FORTHAND IT DOESN'T SLOW DOWN

BECAUSES THERE'S NO AIR TOSLOW IT DOWN.

>> NICE, NICE.

>> THIS IS HOW IT WORKS.

>> NICE.

>> OKAY?

>> Larry: CONSPIRACY PEOPLE,LISTEN.

>> EVERY SINGLE YOUTUBEVIDEO I WATCHED DISPROVED

ALL OF THAT.

I THINK THE ONLY THING THATTHAT PROVES IS THAT AMERICA

IS AMAZING.

OUR FLAGS WILL WAVE WHEREVERTHEY ARE.

>> USA!

USA!

USA!

>> WAIT, WAIT, WAIT.

>> Larry: ROSWELL,APPARENTLY PEOPLE SAY THERE

IS A CRASH IN ROSWELL BACKIN 1947.

YOU HAVE ALIEN BODIES ANDSTUFF LIKE THAT AND SOME

PEOPLE ACTUALLY DO BELIEVEIN ALIEN LIFE.

>> I HOPE THAT THERE AREALIENS BECAUSE I WOULD LIKE

TO WIDEN MY DATING POOL.

SO FOR ME-- .

>> Larry: FROM OUR PLANETS.

>> OH, ABSOLUTELY.

I DON'T DISCRIMINATE.

THE PROBLEM I'M JUST NOTTHEIR TYPE.

I HAVE ALL MY TEETH AND IDON'T DO BUTT STUFF.

>> Larry: WHAT IS THAT?

WHY ARE THEY ALWAYS SOINTERESTED IN BUTT STUFF.

YOU WOULD THINK AFTERPROBING 50 SWEATY HILL

BILLIES THEY WOULD MOVE ON.

>> NEIL DEGRASSE, LET ME ASKYOU DIRECTLY, I WANT A

SCIENTIFIC ANSWER.

DO ALIENS EXIST AND WHY ARETHEY SO INTO BUTT STUFF.

>> NO, NO, THERE ARE SURELYALIENS ELSEWHERE IN THE

UNIVERSE.

>> Larry: YOU BELIEVE.

>> IT IS NOT A MATTER OFBELIEF.

THE UNIVERSE IS VAST, IT'SBEEN AROUND A LONG TIME.

WE ARE NOT MADE OF SPECIALINGREDIENTS.

OUR INGREDIENTS ARE ANYWHEREIN THE UNIVERSE IT WOULD

BE INEXCUSABLY EGOCENTRIC TOSUGGEST

THAT WE ARE ALONE IN THE COSMOS.

>> Larry: RIGHT, I BELIEVE.

>> THAT IS A SEPARATESTATEMENT FROM SAYING THAT

WE HAVE BEEN VISITED BYALIENS, GIVING A RECTAL

EXAM.

IT'S A COMPLETELY DIFFERENTSTATEMENT.

AND I THINK-- .

>> Larry: I THINK THOSE TWOSTATEMENTS ARE EXACTLY THE

SAME.

I DON'T FIND ANY DIFFERENCEIN THE STATEMENTS.

>> I WORRIED THAT WE HAVEBEEN VISITED BY ALIENS BUT

THEY SORT OF ACCIDENTALLYLANDED IN SAN DIEGO DURING

COMICCON AND NOBODY NOTICEDBECAUSE THEY ARE JUST

WALKING UP AND DOWN.

AND YOU KNOW, SO.

>> Larry: OKAY, ALSO GIVE MEYOUR SCIENTIFIC REASON, WHY

DO YOU THINK BROTHERS DON'TSEE UFOs.

>> IT'S AN INTERESTING FACT.

YEAH, YEAH, THEY DON'T-- .

>> Larry: MY THEORY IS WEHAVE A BLOCK AGAINST SHIPS

THAT MIGHT TAKE US -->> YEAH, YEAH.

>> Larry: I THINK WE HAVE ABLOCK, RIGHT.

I THINK IT'S A BLOCK.

>> ABSOLUTELY.

>> Larry: I'M JUST SAYING.

>> THAT HADN'T OCCURRED TOME THAT-- WELL, IT'S JUST

MOST BLACK FOLK LIVE INCITIES AND ALIENS HAVE THIS

SHALL DID --.

>> Larry: I LOVE THERE IS ASCIENTIFIC REASON.

>> BUT WAIT A MINUTE.

MOST OF THE UNITED STATESLIVE IN DENSELY POPULATED

CITIES.

AND ALIENS THAT VISIT USTEND TO BE SHY AND ONLY

VISIT PLACES WHERE THERE AREHARDLY ANY PEOPLE.

THAT MINIMIZE THE EYEWITNESSES WHO CAN ACCOUNT

FOR IT, SO THIS IS HOW YOUGET THE STATISTICS OF BLACK

FOLK NOT SEEING ALIENS.

>> Larry: ALL RIGHT, VERYGOOD.

I HAVE ONE MORE CONSPIRACYTHEORY TO DISCUSS WITH YOU

GUYS.

WE'LL BE RIGHT BACK ANDWE'LL GET TO THAT.

(CHEERS AND APPLAUSE)>> Larry: OKAY, WELCOME

BACK.

WE'RE TALKING ABOUTCONSPIRACY THEORIES.

HERE IS MY FAVORITE ONE.

THIS IS A TRUE CONSPIRACY THEORY

I'M NOT MAKING THIS UP.

THAT WE SAW ABOUT 12.5MILLION PEOPLE ACTUALLY

BELIEVE THIS ONE.

>> THAT MADE IT TRUE.

>> Larry: YEAH, THAT STEVIEWONDER THE REVERED MUSICAL

LEGEND, YOU HEARD THIS, ISIN FACT NOT BLIND.

CONSPIRACIES.

>> ABSOLUTELY.

>> YOU THINK THAT'S TRUE.

>> OH, LISTEN, ABSOLUTELY.

I THINK STEVIE WONDERABSOLUTELY HAS SOME SIGHT, I

DO.

>> SOME SIGHT.

>> I THINK HE CAN SEE SOMETHINGS.

THERE'S PROOF.

AND LISTEN, I'M NOT TALKINGBAD ABOUT BLIND PEOPLE.

I CAN'T IMAGINE WHAT IT ISLIKE TO BE BLIND.

I AM JUST SAYING STEVIEWONDER CAN'T EITHER.

>> Larry: DO YOU THINK HE'SBLIND.

YOU THINK HE'S MAKING IT UP.

>> OF COURSE I THINK HE'SBLIND.

PEOPLE BRING UP THE POINTTHAT HE KEEPS TRADING IN

WIVES FOR YOUNGER WIVES.

>> OH, HE CAN SEE, HE CANSEE.

>> NO, HE HAS EXTRA SENSORIES,CAN FEEL THEM.

>> I HAVE TO SHOW THIS.

THIS IS NOW NEIL BEFORE YOUGIVE ME YOUR ANSWER, YOU

HAVE TO SEE THIS BECAUSE ITHINK I KNOW WHAT YOU WERE

GOING TO SAY.

HE WAS AT A CONCERT, ACHARITY THING, PAUL

McCARTNEY.

HE WALKS IN FRONT OF STEVIEWONDER, HITS LIKE A MIKE

STAND AND WATCH WHAT HAPPENS.

STEVIE GRABBED THE MIKESTAND, ALL RIGHT.

>> YEAH, HE DID.

>> Larry: SHOW IT AGAIN,SLOW IT DOWN.

THERE HE GOES, PAULMcCARTNEY-- STEVIE GRABS IT

RIGHT THERE.

IT'S NOT HERBIE HANCOCKGRABBING IT.

NOW I THINK STEVIE'S BLIND,ALL RIGHT.

BUT WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?

>> HE HAS ECHO LOCATION,BASICALLY-- HE'S BASICALLY A

BAT.

>> I THINK HE HAS SOMESIGHT.

THE SONGS HE WRITES ARE WAYTOO VISUAL

>> Larry: HE HASIMAGINATION.

>> I CAN'T VISUALIZE ARIBBON IN A SKY AND I CAN

SEE.

>> MAYBE, MAYBE.

>> OKAY, IS THIS OUR MOMENT.

>> BREAK IT DOWN.

ARE WE SEEING EYE-TO-EYE.

>> MAYBE, THERE ARE CERTAINTHINGS THAT ONLY BECOME

VISIBLE TO YOU TO YOUR HEART,TO YOUR MIND, TO YOUR SOUL

BY THE ACTS OF NOT LAYINGSIGHT UPON THEM

IN THE FIRST PLACE

>> Larry: WE CANNOT TOP THAT,LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.

THAT SOLVES EVERY SINGLECONSPIRACY THEORY.

WE'LL BE RIGHT BACK.

(CHEERS AND APPLAUSE)>> I WENT TO A STEVIE WONDER

CONCERT, ABOUT EIGHT YEARSAGO, 1968. HE WAS SINGING

FINGERTIPS, I THOUGHT HESHOULD BE SINGING EYELIDS

BECAUSE HE CAN SEE, THAT'SALL I'M SAYING.

HE DROPPED HIS HARMONICA, HEPICKED IT UP.

I WANTED TO KICK IT AND SEEIF HE PICKED IT UP THEN.

IF I HAD BEEN STANDING NEXTTO HIM, HE WOULD HAVE.

HE CAN SEE.

>> Larry: OKAY, THAT'S ALLTHE TIME I HAVE FOR TONIGHT.

I WANT TO THANK OUR PANELISTS,MIKE CANNON, ROBIN THEDE AND

NEIL DEGRASSE TYSON.

GO TO OUR WEB SITE, NEIL ANDI HAVING A BLERD OFF.

CHECK IT OUT IT WAS REALLY ALOT OF FUN.

>> BLERD IS BLACK NERD.

>> Larry: THANKS, NEILDEGRASSE.

ANY LAST WORDS?

>> YEAH, I WANT TOCOMPLIMENT YOU ON WHAT YOU

HAVE DONE WITH EARTH.

ALIENS COMING UP ON OURSOLAR SYSTEM WOULDN'T KNOW

WHICH WAY TO PUT NORTH ORSOUTH, THIS WOULD BE A

PERFECTLY FINE VISION OFEARTH WHEN THEY DESCENDED

UPON OUR SOLAR SYSTEM,THAT'S ALL I'M SAYING.

>> Larry: THAT'S WHAT I'MTALKING ABOUT.

>> OKAY.

>> Larry: YES, BABY.

>> BUT FOR US TO COMPLETEIT-- .

>> Larry: KEEPING IT REAL

>> BUT IF YOU WANT TO BECOMPLETE, ALL THESE GLOBES

SHOULD BE FLIPPED OVER ASWELL.

>> Larry: OH, GREAT.

HE'S JUST GOING TO KEEPTALKING ABOUT THIS.

THAT'S GOOD.

WE HAVE CHRISSY TEIGEN ONMONDAY.

GOOD NIGHTLY EVERYONE Captioning sponsored by