September 23, 2015 - Ahmed Mohamed Interview & Popular Pope

  • 09/23/2015

Teen inventor Ahmed Mohamed pays a visit to The Nightly Show, and Larry examines the mass appeal of Pope Francis with Derek Waters, Naomi Klein and Mike Yard.

>> Larry: WOW!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

WELCOME TO THE NIGHTLY SHOW.

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

>> LARRY, LARRY, LARRY!

>> Larry: APPRECIATE IT,VERY KIND.

SUCH A GREAT AUDIENCE.

THIS HAS BEEN AN EXCITINGNIGHT.

YOU KNOW I'M EXCITED BECAUSEIT IS POPE WEEK IN AMERICA.

ONLY THING BIGGER THAN POPEWEEK IN MERICA, SHARK WEEK,

RIGHT?

AND WHEN POPE WEEK HAPPENSTO LINE UP WITH SHARK WEEK,

OH MY GOD!

GET OUT OF THE HOLY WATER.

(LAUGHTER)BUT OUR POPE COVERAGE BEGINS

NOW.

VERY NICE.

SO COOLEST THING ABOUT BEINGTHE POPE IS THAT WHEN YOU

LAND IN AMERICA, THEPRESIDENT PICKS YOU UP AT

THE AIRPORT.

>> POPE FRANCIS TAKEN FOR ALOOP BEFORE TOUCHING DOWN IN

D.C.

THE PONTIFF'S FLIGHT MADE ATLEAST TWO CIRCLES OVER THE

CAROLINAS.

THE REASON, PRESIDENT OBAMA ANDVICE PRESIDENT

JOE BIDEN, THEY WEREREPORTEDLY RUNNING A LITTLE

BIT LATE FOR THE HOLYFATHER'S ARRIVAL.

(LAUGHTER)>> Larry: LATE?

YOU WERE LATE?

NO, OBAMA, NO!

YOU'RE THE FIRST BLACKPRESIDENT!

NO!

RIGHT?

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING?

(APPLAUSE)YOU CANNOT SHOW UP LATE EVER.

NOW THERE ARE REPORTS THATARE SAYING THE POPE GOT

THERE EARLIER THAN WASSUPPOSED TO.

BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER.

ANY DECENT AIRPORT PICKUPSERVICE KNOWS YOU

TRACK THAT FLIGHTSTATUS.

THAT IS ON YOU, OBAMA.

THAT IS ON YOU!

ALL RIGHT.

SO IT'S TIME FOR THE POPE TOBE PICKED UP IN STYLE.

>> HE DRIVES A FIAT

WHY?

>> HE'S SENDING OUT VERYSTRONG MESSAGES TO PREACH

THE GOSPEL YOU DO NOT NEEDTO BE DRIVEN AROUND IN

LIMOUSINES.

>> DRIVING IN HIS HUMBLEFIAT.

>> THE POPE ARRIVES IN HISLITTLE TEENY FIAT.

>> Larry: LITTLE TEENY FIAT.

I GET IT WITH THE LITTLEFIAT, YOU ARE THE HUMBLE

POPE.

BUT I'M NOT SURE YOU GETFULL HUMBLE POINTS FOR YOUR

FIAT WHEN BEING ESCORTED BYBLINGED OUT SUVs.

WE'RE AMERICAN.

SMALL DOESN'T IMPRESS USUNLESS A HUNDRED OTHER POPES

COME OUT OF THAT FIAT, THEN,THEN WE'RE IMPRESSED.

(APPLAUSE)THAT WOULD BE [BLEEP]

AWESOME, RIGHT.

AND THE POPE EXCITEMENT RIPSTHROUGH WASHINGTON DC

KRCHLT FROM DuPONT CIRCLE TOTHE HINCKLEY HILTON WITH

PEOPLE CLAMOURING IN THESTREET FOR SOME HOT POPE

ACTION.

AND HIS HOLINESS DID NOTDISAPPOINT.

♪ (LAUGHTER)

I'M NOT SURE IF THAT WAS THEAPPROPRIATE MUSIC FOR THE

CATHOLIC BABY-KISSINGMONTAGE.

LUCKILY THE CATHOLIC CHURCHHAS CONFESSION, I'M SORRY.

BUT THIS POPE'S EASY ACCESSIS GOOD NEWS FOR ME BECAUSE

I DON'T KNOW IF YOU TOLD YOU,I WANT TO GIVE THE POPE A

PIZZA WHEN HE GETS TO NEWYORK, JUST LIKE THAT GUY IN

ITALY DID.

DO YOU REMEMBER THAT?

THAT'S WHAT I WILL BE DOING.

TOMORROW.

I GOT IT ALL WORKED OUT,MAN!

(APPLAUSE)>> Larry: I GOT THIS FRESH

HOT PIE RIGHT HERE, MAN.

THIS IS THE BESTYOU-- [BLEEP] WHAT THE?

IT'S MISSING A SLICE?

WHERE DID THAT GO?

WHAT?

(CHEERS AND APPLAUSE)PIZZA RAT.

DAMN YOU, PIZZA RAT.

UGH.

PIZZA RAT, MAN.

I HAVE A FEELING I WILL SEEMORE OF PIZZA RAT.

ALL RIGHT, TO GET A SENSE OFTHE POPE-MANIA IN PERSON

LET'S GO TO NIGHTLY SHOWCONTRIBUTOR HOLY WALKER.

HOLLY.

HEY, HOLLY.

(CHEERS AND APPLAUSE)>> Larry: OH MY GOSH.

HOLLY, WHERE ARE YOU?

>> LARRY?

I'M IN D.C. THIS IS AMAZING!

>> Larry: WOW.

>> POPE TIME!

POPE-A-PALOOZA!

I LOVES ME SOME POPE.

>> Larry: WHOA, WHOA, WHOA.

WHY ARE YOU SO EXCITED,HOLLY?

>> BECAUSE PEOPLE ARESCREAMING, LARRY.

I NEED TO BE HERE.

>> Larry: OKAY.

>> GOOD THING I TOOK OFF YOMKIPPUR.

>> Larry: WAIT, YOU'REJEWISH?

>> NOPE.

I JUST NEEDED A FREE DAYOFF.

>> Larry: OH.

>> SERIOUSLY, HOW ELSE WAS IGOING TO GET A CHANCE TO

HAVE THE POPE KISS MY BABY.

>> Larry: BABY?

WHERE IS YOUR BABY?

>> OH, HIM, I PASSED THATLITTLE GUY UP THE LINE TEN

MINUTES AGO.

>> Larry: HOLLY, YOU -- YOUGAVE HIM TO STRANGERS?

>> YEAH.

HIS INSTRUCTIONS WERE CLEAR.

GET A KISS FROM THE POPE ANDCIRCLE BACK TO MOMMA.

IT'S PERFECTLY SAFE.

>> Larry: LOOK, LOOK, HOLLY.

I MEAN I LOVE THE POPE TOOBUT I FEEL LIKE YOU JUST

LIKE HIM BECAUSE IT'S ANEXCITING THING TO DO.

AND IT REALLY HAS NOTHING TODO WITH YOUR FAITH.

>> WHAT WAS THAT, LARRY?

SORRY, I COULDN'T HEAR YOU.

I WAS TAKING OFF MY PANTIES.

>> Larry: OH MY GOD!

(CHEERS AND APPLAUSE)HOLLY, NO, NO, NO.

OH MY GOD!

DID YOU THROW YOUR PANTIESAT THE POPE.

>> I WILL HAVE YOUR POPEBABY.

>> Larry: NO, HOLLY, I DON'TTHINK THE POPE IS GOING TO

HAVE YOUR BABY, YOU AREFOCUSING ON THE WRONG

REASON -->> HEY, HEY, KEEP THE

PANTIES, PASS ME BACK THEBABY.

I LOVE YOU, POPE.

>> Larry: HOLLY WALKER.

OKAY, HOLLY.

(CHEERS AND APPLAUSE)SO OBVIOUSLY-- OBVIOUSLY

SOME PEOPLE ARE EXCITED TOSEE THE POPEMENT BUT OTHERS,

NOT SO MUCH.

>> THE POPE'S OUTSPOKENVIEWS ON THINGS LIKE CLIMB

AT CHANGE AND INCOMEINEQUALITY ARE NOT ALWAYS

PALATABLE TO THE REPUBLICANSON CAPITOL HILL. ONE

REPUBLICAN MEMBER ALREADYSAYING HE IS BOYCOTTING THE

ADDRESS SAY SAYING ABOUT THEPOPE'S QUOTE LEFTIST

POLICIES.

>> Larry: YEAH, THAT IS WHATTHE LEADER OF THE CATHOLIC

CHURCH IS A LEFTIST.

THE MAN, MIND YOU, WHOBELIEVES THAT ALL ABORTION

SHOULD BE BANNED.

THAT GAYS CAN'T GET MARRIED,THAT MUSLIMS AND JEWS WILL

NOT GET IN HEAVEN AND WOMENSHOULD NOT BE PRIESTS, A

REGULAR TED KENNEDY MINUSTHE-- ALCOHOLISM AND THE

DEAD LADY IN THE CAR, RIGHT?

IS THAT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING.

SORRY.

EVEN I AM OFFENDED BY WHAT IJUST SAID.

AND IT IS HARD TO OFFEND MEBY WHAT I SAY.

SO THE REASON WHY SOMEREPUBLICANS DON'T LIKE THIS

POPE IS THAT THEY NO LONGERHAVE A STRANGLEHOLD ON

WHAT'S COOL WITH GOD.

SEE POPE FRANCIS HAS BROKENOUT OF THE RIGHT WING BUNKER

AND JUST SO HAPPENS TO BEOUT AND ABOUT IN THE MODERN

WORLD.

LIKE THE VATICAN'S KIMMYSCHMIDT, RIGHT?

AND WHETHER HIS VIEWS ONCLIMATE CHANGE OR DIVORCE,

HE'S BRINGING THE CATHOLICCHURCH WITH HIM.

WILL STILL SAY THINGS THATWILL MAKE PROGRESSIVES MAD

TOO.

BUT IF YOU ASK ME, THAT'SWHAT A POPE SHOULD DO.

POPES SHOULD BE POPEIN.

HE SHOULDN'T BE HELD HOSTAGEBY ANY ONE POLITICAL PARTY.

IT'S 2015.

POPE AND CHANGE.

WE'LL BE RIGHT BACK.

>> Larry: WELCOME BACK TOTHE SHOW.

NOW CERTAINLY THE BIGGESTSTORY IN AMERICA LAST WEEK

WAS ABOUT A TEXAS TEENAGERNAMED AHMED MOHAMED, A

MUSLIM KID WHO MADE A CLOCKAT HOME, BROUGHT IT TO

SCHOOL AND WAS ARRESTED WHENSOME TEACHERS CLAIMED IT

RESEMBLED A BOMB. IT ISCRAZY SAD.

WE TALKED A LITTLE BIT ABOUTIT LAST WEEK AM WE THOUGHT

THE BETTER WAY TO GET TO THEBOTTOM OF THIS IS TALK TO

AHMED HIMSELF.

SO EVERYBODY, PLEASE WELCOMEAHMED MOHAMED.

(CHEERS AND APPLAUSE)HELLO, MAN, HAVE A SEAT.

AHMED.

NICE, NICE STANDING OVATION.

ISN'T THAT NICE.

>> YEAH, IT'S REALLY NICE.

>> Larry: I KNOW.

YOU ARE SUCH A COOL KID

GREAT TO HAVE YOU HERE.

BEFORE WE START, I JUST HAVEA QUICK NOTE TO YOUR

TEACHERS, PLEASE DON'T BEALARMED, THIS ISN'T A WALL

OF EXPLOSIVES BEHIND US,OKAY?

I JUST-- THESE ARE JUST SOMECLOCKS WITH TIMES FROM

AROUND THE WORLD.

WE'RE ABSOLUTELY SAFE.

I JUST WANT TO MAKE THATCLEAR.

OKAY.

OKAY, FIRST THINGS FIRST.

HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TOMAKE THAT BOMB?

(LAUGHTER)I MEAN, IT LOOKS LIKE A

PRETTY COMPLICATED EXPLOSIVEDEVICE.

>> 20 MINUTES.

>> Larry: SO YOU WANTED TOMAKE A CLOCK S THAT HOW IT

STARTED.

>> YEAH.

>> Larry: WHAT WAS YOURTHINKING, HAD YOU MADE A

CLOCK BEFORE.

>> NO.

>> Larry: REALLY.

>> YEAH.

>> Larry: SO WHY DID YOUWANT TO MAKE A CLOCK.

>> IT WAS SOMETHING REALLYSIMPLE TO MAKE.

>> Larry: BECAUSE IT DOESN'TLOOK SIMPLE.

THAT THING LOOKS PRETTYCOMPLICATED.

DID YOU HAVE TO LOOK IT UP.

>> NO, I DIDN'T HAVE TO LOOKIT UP.

THE ONLY THING TO LOOK UPWAS THE RECEIPT FOR THE BOX.

>> Larry: REALLY?

WAIT, SO YOU ACTUALLYTHOUGHT THROUGH THE PROCESS

OF HOW TO MAKE A CLOCKYOURSELF.

>> YEAH.

>> Larry: SO IS THAT WHATYOU ARE REALLY PROUD OF,

LIKE ABOUT WHEN YOU DO THESETYPE OF THINGS, THAT YOU

FIGURE IT OUT BY YOURSELF.

CUZ I CAN'T EVEN FIGURE OUTHOW TO DO A LEGO CLOCK LIKE

THAT, YOU KNOW.

BUT A REAL CLOCK.

>> IT IS REALLY SIMPLE TO MEBECAUSE I BUILT MORE STUFF

THAT IS VERY COMPLICATEDLIKE.

>> Larry: LIKE.

>> CPUs AND SODDERING THEM. BUTTHE CLOCK WAS SIMPLE.

AND SOME OF THE PARTS WERESCRAPPED OFF.

SO THAT'S HOW IT GOT EASIER.

>> Larry: THE HORRIBLE THINGABOUT THIS WAS YOU GOT

ARRESTED.

WE HAVE A PICTURE OF YOU INHANDCUFFS DO WE STILL HAVE

THAT PICTURE.

THAT WAS AMAZING, YOU WEREWEARING YOUR NASA SHIRT.

AND I REALLY WAS TAKENBECAUSE I LOVE SPACE AND

NASA.

I WAS LIKE WHAT, HOW COULDTHEY DO THIS TO THIS KID.

WAS IT A LITTLE COOL TO BEARRESTED?

KEEP IT 100 PERCENT.

>> I MEAN IT DOES GIVE YOU ALITTLE STREET CRED.

>> IT WAS KIND OF COOL.

(LAUGHTER)(APPLAUSE)

>> Larry: I MADE A CLOCK.

>> THE ONLY REASON I FELTCOOL ABOUT IT BECAUSE I KNEW

I WAS INNOCENT AND I KNEW IFI DID TAKE IT TO COURT I

WOULD-- (CHEERS AND APPLAUSE)

>> Larry: THAT'S RIGHT.

WAS ANY PART OF THIS SCARYAT ALL?

WERE YOU EVER SCARED THATSOMETHING MIGHT HAPPEN OR --

>> I MEAN, YEAH.

WHEN THE COPS ALMOST MADE ME DOTHE NAENAE BACKWARDS WHERE MY

ARM WENT ALL THE WAY-- .

>> Larry: DOING THE NAE NAEBACKWARDS, HOW WOULD YOU DO

THE NAE NAE BACKWARDS.

>> THE COP, WHAT THEY DO,YOU SEE RIGHT HERE, THEY

PULLED MY ARM ALL THE WAY UPWHERE I COULD LIKE-- LIKE

HIGH ENOUGH.

>> Larry: GOOD LORD.

I CAN'T EVEN FAKE DOINGTHAT.

SO WHAT IS COMING UP NEXTFOR YOU?

SO YOU ARE AN INVENTOR.

>> YEAH.

>> Larry: YOU REALLY LIKEINVENTING.

DO YOU HAVE OTHER INVENTIONSYOU WANT TO DO, ARE YOU

INTERESTED IN THAT KIND OFTHING.

>> YES, I'M REALLYINTERESTED IN IT.

I WOULD SAY MY NEXTINVENTION WOULD BE A-- A

SIDE HOVER BOARD.

HOW DOES THAT WORK.

>> THERE ARE THESE FORWARD ONESGOING FORWARD AND REVERSE

>> Larry: ONE THAT MOVESSIDE TO SIDE.

>> YEAH.

>> Larry: NICE.

(APPLAUSE)SOMEONE MAY THINK THAT MIGHT

LOOK LIKE AN EXPLOSIVEDEVICE AND YOU CAN GET AWAY

ON THE HOVER BOARD AND GETAWAY SIDEWAYS.

BECAUSE YOU LIKE TO BUILDINVENTIONS WE WANTED TO GIVE

YOU A NICE LITTLE GIFT HERE.

WHAT WE DECIDED TO DO WAS TOGIVE YOU, YOU HAVE A CLOCK.

WE THOUGHT WE WITH GIVE YOUA WATCH.

SO THERE YOU GO.

>> OH, THANK YOU.

>> Larry: ITS HE'S A NICEWATCH.

COME ON.

(CHEERS AND APPLAUSE)I DON'T HAVE TO EXPLAIN TO

YOU HOW TO PUT THATTOGETHER.

>> I HAVE TO SAY THE TIME.

>> Larry: WE'RE ONLYKIDDING.

ACTUALLY A NICE NEW APPLEWATCH I WANT TO GIVE YOU.

AS A GIFT FROM THE NIGHTLYSHOW.

ENJOY THAT, MY FRIEND.

KEEP INVENTING.

AHMED MOHAMMED,EVERYBODY.

WE'LL BE RIGHT BACK.

(CHEERS AND APPLAUSE)>> Larry: WELCOME BACK AM

I'M HERE WITH MY PANEL,NIGHTLY SHOW CONTRIBUTOR,

MIKE YARD.

WHOOO!

(CHEERS AND APPLAUSE)>> Larry: HE'S THE CREATOR

AND HOST OF "DRUNK HISTORY"WHICH AIRS ON COMEDY

CENTRAL.

DEREK WATERS.

YES.

AND HER NEW DOCUMENTARY THISCHANGES EVERYTHING BASED ON

A BOOK OPENS OCTOBER 7th.

AUTHOR NAOMI KLEIN.

SO WE'RE TALKING ABOUT THEPOPE, DRAWING HUGE CROWDS

EVERYWHERE.

AND IT'S INTERESTING TO METHAT AS THE WORLD SEEMS TO

BE GETTING MORE SECULAR, ARELIGIOUS FIGURE LIKE THIS

SEEMS MORE POPULAR THANEVER.

WHY DO YOU THINK THE POPE ISSUCH A BIG CELEBRITY?

WHAT IS THE FEELING BEHINDTHAT?

ARE PEOPLE CAUGHT UP IN THERELIGIOUS PART OR THE

CELEBRITY.

>> HE'S THE POPE.

ONE OF THE MOST FAMOUSPEOPLE ON THE PLANET.

OF COURSE, PEOPLE LOVE HIM.

THAT'S WHY THEY RUN OUT TOSEE HIM.

WHO WANT WANT TO SEESOMEBODY THAT FAMILIAR NEWS

PERSON.

>> Larry: YOU THINK IT'SFAME.

>> JUST THE FAME.

IMAGINE IF YOU CATCH HIM INA SELFIE, COME ON.

COME ON.

INSTAGRAM IS GOING TO BLOWUP, YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN?

CURRENT SITUATION,PONTIFICATE, YOU KNOW WHAT

I'M SAYING?

>> Larry: PONTIFICATE.

>> POPE BENEDICT, HISPREDECESSOR, PEOPLE WERE

NOT GOING CRAZY FOR HIM,ANYTHING LIKE THAT.

THAT GUY HAD KIND OF A DODGYPAST.

HE SEEMED REALLY GROUCHY.

HE'S STILL ALIVE BUT-- NO,BUT I DON'T THINK IT'S ABOUT

RELIGION.

I DON'T THINK IT'S SUDDENLYPEOPLE ARE CONVERTING TO

CATHOLICISM.

I THINK BASICALLY HE'S KINDOF LIKE BERNIE SANDERS IN A

WHITE DRESS AND PEOPLE AREPSYCHED ABOUT IT

>> Larry: HE REALLY IS,YOU'RE ASSUMING BERNIE

SANDERS DOESN'T WEAR A WHITEDRESS.

>> YEAH.

>> Larry: IT'S A JOKE,BERNIE, IT'S A JOKE.

BUT I.

>> I AGREE.

I THINK THE WORD CELEBRITYIS JUST LIKE CHANGED IN THE

PAST COUPLE OF SOCIAL MEDIAYEARS, YOU KNOW, THAT WHAT

MAKES SOMEONE IMPORTANT.

BUT A POPE HAS ALWAYS BEENIMPORTANT.

BUT WHY, I THINK HE STANDSOUT IS HE'S TAKING A STAND

OF, AND NOT EVEN APURPOSEFUL STAND, IS JUST

BECAUSE HIS POSITION.

HE'S NOT CHANGING WHO HE IS.

AND I THINK THAT IS LETTINGPEOPLE BE MORE WELCOMEING.

>> Larry: IT FEELS LIKE HE'SOPENING THE CATHOLIC DOOR.

>> HE'S SAYING YOU DON'THAVE TO LIKE BE QUIET AND

JUST DO THIS ALL THE TIME.

YOU CAN BE LIKE HEY-- .

>> Larry: I THINK HE WANTSTO STILL DO THIS.

>> YOU CAN STILL DO THAT.

>> Larry: BUT YOU DON'T HAVETO BE CONDEMNED.

THE POPE HAS SAID SOMEREALLY OUTRAGEOUS THINGS FOR

A POPE WHERE HE SAID WOMENCAN BE FORGIVEN FOR ABORTION

BUT LIKE FOR THIS YEAR, LIKETHE JUBILEE.

>> WE GOT ONE MORE YEAR, A90 DAY WARRANTY ON THAT.

>> Larry: EXACTLY.

>> THAT MOVIE I WAS PITCHINGYOU.

WE HAVE ONE MORE YEAR, WECAN HAVE SEX WITH WHOEVER WE

WANT AND WHATEVER HAPPENS WEHAVE 365 DAYS.

>> Larry: RIGHT.

>> I JUST THINK PEOPLE LIKEHIM, HE'S SAYING A LOT OF

STUFF THAT HE REALLY CAN'TDO.

BECAUSE HE CAN'T CHANGECATHOLIC LAW.

HE CAN INFLUENCE PEOPLE TODO THAT BUT HE CAN'T REALLY

DO THAT, YOU KNOW WHAT IMEAN.

>> Larry: HE CAN OPEN THEDOOR FOR THAT.

DOCTRINE HASN'T CHANGED.

DO PEOPLE THINK IT'S A POPESCREEN, LIKE HE'S JUST

SAYING THIS TO GET MOREPEOPLE INTERESTED.

>> THERE IS DEFINITELY APOPE SCREEN.

>> THE OL' POPE AND SWITCH

>> Larry: HEY, MAN, GAYS ARE OK!

HOMOSEXUALS STILL CAN'TGET MARRIED.

SORRY.

>> Larry: IT IS.

>> HE'S SAYING ALL THISSTUFF BECAUSE THEY'RE

CHEERING FOR HIM.

>> I THINK HE IS DIFFERENT.

I REALLY DO.

I THINK THINGS LIKE THIS DOTAKE TIME.

I MEAN I WAS RAISEDCATHOLIC.

I CONSIDER MYSELF ACATHNOSTIC IS WHAT I CALL

IT.

BASICALLY IT MEANS-- SO IBELIEVE IN GOD.

I JUST HAVE PROBLEMSBELIEVING IN THE CATHOLIC

CHURCH.

THAT IS ME.

>> I'M WITH YOU.

>> Larry: I STRUGGLE WITHTHAT.

BUT I THINK THE POPE HASGONE A LONG WAY MAKE WITH

GETTING PEOPLE TO MAYBE TOBELIEVE IN RELIGION A LITTLE

MORE OR MAYBE GOD.

I'M NOT SURE. HE'S EVENDEMYSTIFYING THE IDEA OF GOD

THE POPE SAID THAT GOD'S NOT AMAGICIAN THAT JUST

MAKES THINGS APPEAR.

THAT IS A REVOLUTIONARY THINGTO SAY.

>> THAT IS.

>> Larry: THAT IS AMAZING.

YOU TALK TO ANY CHURCHYPERSON, YOU SAY GOD DOES

THAT, BOOM, IT'S THERE.

>> IT'S A PROBLEM.

HE'S TALKING ABOUT CLIMATECHANGE.

ITS'S IMPORTANT TO SAY GODIS NOT A MAGICIAN BECAUSE A

LOT OF WHAT YOU HEAR FROMRIGHT WING CATHOLICS IS WE

DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUTCLIMATE CHANGE BECAUSE GOD

WILL MAGIC UP OUR MESS ANDHE LOVES US AND EVERYTHING

IS FINE, RIGHT.

HE IS SAYING IF YOU MAKE AHUGE MESS, YOU HAVE TO LIVE

WITH IT.

MOMMY IS NOT COMING ANDNEITHER IS GOD.

YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH THAT.

(CHEERS AND APPLAUSE)>> Larry: I LOVE THAT.

I ALWAYS HAD A PROBLEM WITHJESUS TAKE THE WHEEL.

NO, YOU'RE DRIVING.

YOU TAKE THE WHEEL.

JESUS WILL GIVE YOU DRIVINGTIP, HOW ABOUT THAT.

BUT IF YOU ARE BEHIND THEWHEEL, STAY BEHIND THE WHEEL.

>> I WOULD BE CAREFUL WITHTHE DEMYSTIFYING OF RELIGION

BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE THEIRMAGIC, THEIR MAGIC AND THEIR

RELIGION.

THEY DO.

THE BURNING BUSH, NOAH'SARC.

THOSE ARE POWERFUL IMAGES,MAN.

A BUSH TALKING, YOU KNOW, INFIRE AND WRITING.

COME ON.

THE ARC, THAT IS A BIG CRUISESHIP, YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN?

A CRUISE SHIP FOR ANIMALSAND JESUS COMING BACK.

>> Larry: A CRUISE SHIP FORANIMALS.

>> NOAH'S ARC, THAT ISAMAZING.

THAT IS POWERFUL, TWO OFEVERY ANIMAL.

DO YOU KNOW HOW ANIMALS AREON THE PLANET.

>> Larry: I KNOW, I KNOW.

>> AND JESUS COMING BACK,THAT'S BIG.

>> Larry: THAT'S MAGIC.

>> WITHOUT THE MAGIC, JESUSAIN'T COMING BACK.

>> Larry: THAT IS SOMESIEGFRIED AND ROY.

ARE YOU A RELIGIOUS PERSON.

>> YEAH, YEAH, I'M A METHODIST,GREW UP, AND-- .

>> Larry: WHAT DOES THE POPEMEAN TO A NONCATHOLIC

RELIGIOUS PERSON.

>> MICKEY MOUSE.

NO, HE-- RESPECT, YOU KNOW.

RESPECT OF SOMEONE THAT HASSTUCK TO WHAT THEY BELIEVE

IN, AND SOMEONE THAT ISBEING POSITIVE AND BEING

GOOD.

AND WITH THE MAGIC AND STUFFWE WERE TALKING ABOUT, I DO

BELIEVE THAT FAITH ISSOMETHING THAT IS POSITIVE,

TO KEEP IN LIFE NO MATTER IFWE ARE COMPARING TO A

BURNING BUSH, THAT WHEN WEARE STRUGGLING IN LIFE, TO

REMEMBER, LIKE, GOOD, GOODIS AROUND THE CORNER.

AND IT'S UP TO US TO GO FINDIT.

>> Larry: MAYBE THE POPE ISHOPE.

>> YEAH, HE HAS HIS OWNTWITTER ACCOUNT, YOU KNOW

WHAT I MEAN.

AND HE'S GOT NINE TWITTERACCOUNTS, ACTUALLY.

HE'S GOT NINE.

>> Larry: NINE TWITTERACCOUNTS.

>> WITH MILLIONS OFFOLLOWERS.

THAT'S WHY I'M A LITTLECONCERNED CELEBRITY IS

GETTING TO HIS HEAD.

BECAUSE HE HAS NINE TWITTERACCOUNTS WITH MILLIONS OF

FOLLOWERS BUT HE ONLYFOLLOWS EIGHT PEOPLE.

>> IT'S TRUE.

GUESS WHO HE FOLLOWS.

GUESS WHO HE FOLLOWS?

>> Larry: I HAVE NO IDEA.

>> HIS OTHER TWITTERACCOUNTS.

I'M NOT EVEN PLAYING WITHYOU.

>> Larry: WE'LL BE RIGHTBACK RIGHT AFTER THIS.

>> GO JESUS!