November 5, 2015 - Ben Carson's Rap Song & Celeb Activism

  • 11/05/2015

GOP presidential candidate Ben Carson releases a cringeworthy rap song, and Larry examines celebrity activism with Lola Ogunnaike, Niecy Nash and Bobby Gaylor.

( CHEERS AND APPLAUSE )>> Larry: WELCOME TO "THE

NIGHTLY SHOW."

PLEASE, PLEASE, HAVE A SEAT.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

YES, ONCE AGAIN, I HAVE THESMARTEST AUDIENCE IN LATE NIGHT,

MAN.

( CHEERS AND APPLAUSE )I SIT DOWN, AND THEY GO LARRY?

LARRY, LARRY?

AND I GO, "YEAH, LARRY."

WE HAVE A GREAT SHOW FOR YOUGUYS TONIGHT BUT RIGHT OFF THE

TOP, OKAY, WE HAVE TO TALK ABOUTTHIS.

>> BEN CARSON IS PULLING OUT ALLTHE STOPS TO TRY AND GET THE

VOTES HE NEEDS.

HE'S ACTUALLY GOT A NEW RAP ADTHAT HE RELEASED TODAY.

( LAUGHTER )>> Larry: A RAP AD?

BEN CARSON?

NO.

BUT, YES!

( CHEERS AND APPLAUSE )I HAVE TO HEAR THIS!

WAIT, YOU KNOW, I GOTTA GET MYRAP LISTENING EQUIPMENT.

OKAY.

( CHEERS AND APPLAUSE )WAIT.

OKAY.

ALL RIGHT, WHERE'S MY AFRO PICK?

ALL RIGHT.

READY?

OKAY.

♪ VOTE BEN CARSON FOR PRESIDENTIN 2016 ♪♪

♪ BEN CARSON FOR PRESIDENT HE'LLBE AWESOME ♪♪

>> Larry: I CAN'T-- I CAN'TLISTEN TO THIS ( BLEEP ).

I CAN'T.

THIS IS-- THIS IS JUSTRIDICULOUS.

( APPLAUSE )YOU KNOW WHAT?

AND I FEEL BAD FOR MY RAPLISTENING EQUIPMENT.

IT STILL HASN'T FORGIVEN ME FORMY LONGER-THAN-NORMAL RAY PARKER

JR. PHASE.

COME ON, BEN CARSON.

A RAP SONG?

IS IT SO HARD TO GET THE BLACKVOTE?

YOU'RE THE BLACK CANDIDATE.

YOU'RE IN DANGER OF LOSING ITNOW.

( LAUGHTER )WHAT DID YOU THINK WAS GOING TO

HAPPEN?

"YO MAN, YOU GOTTA VOTE FOR BENCARSON."

"NO, MAN, I AIN'T VOTING FORHIM."

"HE WROTE A RAP SONG!""WHUUUUT?"

ENOUGH OF THAT NONSENSE.

LET'S MOVE ON.

OH, BY THE WAY, FAIR WARNING,TONIGHT'S TOP STORY IS SO INSANE

IS MAKES THE BONES-SLEEPY-HOLLOWLOOK LIKE "60 MINUTES."

THERE'S BEEN A NATIONAL MANHUNTFOR THE KILLERS OF AN ILLINOIS

COP.

BUT YESTERDAY, WE FOUND OUTTHERE WERE NO KILLERS FOR WHOM

TO HUNT.

>> NEW INFORMATION REVEALEDTODAY ABOUT THE SHOOTING DEATH

OF A POLICE OFFICER IN FOX LAKE,ILLINOIS.

POLICE SAY OFFICER JOEGLINIEWICZ WAS UNDER

INVESTIGATION FOR EMBEZZLEMENTAND KILLED HIMSELF IN AN

ELABORATELY PLANNED SUICIDE.

>> Larry: AND ONE SO-CALLEDNEWS OUTLET WAS QUICK TO TAKE

THE CREDIT FOR GETTING THE STORYRIGHT FIRST.

>> MOMENTS AGO, IT WAS CONFIRMEDWHAT FOX NEWS REPORTED JUST DAYS

AFTER THIS ALL BEGAN.

>> Larry: ACTUALLY, FOX, LET'SGET MORE SPECIFIC.

IT WASN'T JUST DAYS.

IT WAS 11 DAYS AFTER THESHOOTING THAT YOU REPORTED IT

MIGHT HAVE BEEN A SUICIDE.

JUST DAYS AFTER THE SHOOTINGYOUR STORY WAS QUITE DIFFERENT.

>> SURE LOOKS LIKE A WAR ON COPSIS ERUPTING IN AMERICA.

ANOTHER OFFICER MURDERED ON THEJOB THIS WEEK, THIS TIME IN

ILLINOIS.

THE VIOLENT RHETORIC FROM THEPROTESTERS CHANTING, "PIGS IN

THE BLANKET, FRY THEM LIKEBACON."

>> DO YOU THINK THIS RHETORICLEADS TO VIOLENCE?

>> I THINK DEMOCRATICS HAVECREATED A MONSTER IN THIS BLACK

LIVES MATTER SITUATION.

>> Larry: YOU CREATED THEMONSTER!

( BLEEP ).

NO, NO, NO.

SEE, THIS IS HOW IT WORKS.

NOW I'M ADMITTING THAT THERE ISA MONSTER.

THERE'S NO ( BLEEP ) MONSTER.

AND IF THERE IS ONE, IT'SDEFINITELY NOT BLACK LIVES

MATTER.

IT'S THE MONSTER YOU'RE CREATINGWITH YOUR PROPAGANDA.

LOOK, THIS MUCH IS CLEAR-- WEDON'T YET KNOW THE CIRCUMSTANCES

LEAP TO BLAMING BLACK LIVESMATTER WAS USED TO ARGUE THAT

THERE'S A WAR ON COPS.

I LIKE TO CALL THIS PHENOMENONJOURNALISTIC KNEE-JERKING.

IT'S THE ACT OF USING THE NEWSTO ADVANCE YOUR AGENDA BEFORE

YOU HAVE ALL THE FACTS, THUSBASING YOUR ( BLEEP ) ARGUMENT

ON A FALSE PREMISE.

ALSO KNOWN AS PULLING IT OUT OFYOUR ASS.

OKAY.

THAT'S JOURNALISTICKNEE-JERKING.

TO SAVE TIME, LET'S JUST GETWITH JERKING.

DON'T GET ME WRONG-- JERKING ISCOMPLETELY NATURAL.

( LAUGHTER )YOU SEE SOMETHING ON THE NEWS OR

ONLINE THAT GETS YOU EXCITED,YOU'RE ALL PRIMED TO JERK.

BUT FOX TOOK JERKING TO A WHOLENEW LEVEL WITH THIS STORY.

THEY WERE JERKING FOR, LIKE,FIVE DAYS STRAIGHT.

I'M NOT MAKING THIS UP.

I WAS WORRIED THEY WERE GOING TOGO BLIND TO THE REAL FACTS OF

THE STORY, YOU KNOW.

BUT THEN THEY BUMPED IT UP TO ALEVEL AND STARTED TO BLAME ONE

OF THEIR FAVORITE MONSTERS,OBAMA.

>> I THINK THE PRESIDENT OF THEUNITED STATES, BECAUSE HE WADED

INTO THIS, IN THE DAYS AFTERFERGUSON, WITH SOME INFLAMMATORY

RHETORIC, AND HE BREATHED LIFEINTO THIS ANTI-COP SENTIMENT.

>> WHY ARE OUR LEADERS SO QUIET?

I'M TALKING ABOUT AMERICA'S TOPLAWYER, ATTORNEY GENERAL LORETTA

LYNCH, AND PRESIDENT OBAMA.

>> I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHINGPUBLICLY FROM THE PRESIDENT.

>> Larry: THAT'S BECAUSE YOUMADE THIS UP!

( LAUGHTER )I MEAN.

( CHEERS AND APPLAUSE )WHY DON'T YOU PUT THIS TOGETHER?

LOOK, YOU KNOW WHAT?

THIS IS BEAUTIFUL.

IT REALLY IS BEAUTIFUL.

I MEAN, THIS IS THE FEEDBACKLOOP PART OF THE JERKING, A

CIRCLE JERK, IF YOU WILL.

( LAUGHTER )LET'S BE CLEAR ABOUT SOMETHING--

BLACK LIVES MATTER WANTS COPS TOSTOP KILLING UNARMED BLACK

PEOPLE.

THAT'S A CRITICISM OF POLICE,NOT A CALL TO KILL THEM.

CAN'T WE JUST HAVE AN ADULTCONVERSATION ABOUT THIS?

( CHEERS AND APPLAUSE )ISN'T IT POSSIBLE?

I MEAN, IT IS POSSIBLE TO HOLDTWO COMPETING IDEAS IN YOUR HEAD

AT THE SAME TIME.

LIKE CRITICIZING POLICE FORRACIAL BIAS AND ALSO RESPECTING

THE GOOD WORK THAT POLICE DO.

( CHEERS AND APPLAUSE )YOU CAN DO THAT.

YOU KNOW WHAT?

I'LL TELL YOU WHAT, LET MEDEMONSTRATE USING DELICIOUS MENU

ITEMS FROM MY FAVORITEGRAIN-BASED CASUAL EATERY,

PANERA BREAD.

IN A SEGMENT WE CALLED "BREADBOWL OF TROOTH."

VERY GOOD.

AS EVERY TRUAMERICAN KNOWS,PANERA HAS THE YOU PICK TWO, AN

AFFORDABLE LUNCH COMBO THAT LETSYOU CHOOSE BOTH ONE OF THEIR

MANY WHOLESOME SOUPS...

( CHEERS AND APPLAUSE )VERY GOOD.

AND THE OPPOSITE OF A SOUP, AHEARTY SANDWICH.

NOW AT ANY OTHER RESTAURANT, THECONCEPT WOULD BE LAUGHABLE.

BUT AT PANERA BREAD ARESTAURANT FOR ADULTS, THEY

UNDERSTAND THAT YOU'RE MATUREENOUGH TO HANDLE TWO ITEMS AT

ONCE.

OKAY?

NOW, YOU CAN TALK ABOUTRESPECTING COPS-- FOR EXAMPLE,

THIS SPOON FULL OF CREAMY,BROCCOLI CHEDDAR.

AND CRITICIZE POLICE BRUTALITY.

( APPLAUSE )APPARENTLY, IT'S THE NAPA ALMOND

CHICKEN SALAD SANDWICH WHICH HASNO PLACE ON AN OTHERWISE

EXCELLENT PANERA MENU.

I THINK YOU GUYS GET WHAT I'MSAYING.

NOW, WAS THIS WHOLE SEGMENT APLOY TO GET PANERA TO SEND ME

FREE BREAD BOWLS?

MAYBE SO.

MAYBE NOT.

( APPLAUSE )BUT I CAN HOLD BOTH IDEAS IN MY

HEAD AT THE SAME TIME AND THAT'SHOW YOU HAVE AN ADULT

CONVERSATION.

( CHEERS AND APPLAUSE )TRUE.

THE PROOF MIGHT BE IN THEPUDDING, BUT THE TRUTH IS IN THE

BREAD BOWL.

THIS HAS BEEN "BREAD BOWL OFTROOTH."

ON A PERSONAL NOTE, LOOK, I'MTHE SON OF A CORRECTIONS

OFFICER, AND I LEARNED EARLY ONTO HAVE A DEEP RESPECT FOR

PEOPLE WHO PUT THEIR LIVES INDANGER TO PROTECT OTHERS.

AND I ALSO LEARNED EARLY ON THATNOT ALL COPS ARE PERFECT.

WHEN THE THE POLICE BURST INTOMY NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR'S HOME AND

SCREAMED, "FREEZE ( BLEEP )DEAD," THAT WILL BE SEARED IN MY

MEMORY FOREVER, BUT IT WON'TUNDO MY RESPECT FOR THE POLICE

WHO ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING.

THERE'S SPACE IN MY HEAD FOR ALLOF IT, AND THERE'S SPACE IN MY

BELLY FOR PANERA.

WE'LL BE RIGHT BACK.

>> Larry: WELCOME BACK.

CONTINUING WHAT WE BEGAN LASTNIGHT, WE TEAMED UP WITH THE

FINE FOLKS TO RUN A CONTEST INWHEN WE ASKED PEOPLE TO KEEP IT

100 TO THE QUESTION OF WHAT'STHE ONE THING YOU LOVE THAT'S

TOO EMBARRASSING TO ADMIT?

MIKE DENSON OF BOSTON KEPT IT100 BY ADMITTING HE DREW A

PICTURE OF BEA ARTHUR EVERY DAYFOR A YEAR.

SO FOR MAKING HIS BRAVEADMISSION, HE'S WON OUR V.I.P.

TRIP TO NEW YORK.

WE SENT RICKY VELEZ UP TO MEETMIKE.

NOW, BOBBY, WHY DID YOU GO?

>> BECAUSE I'M FROM BOSTON SO IHAD TO GO ALONG TO HELP.

>> Larry: OKAY.

AND HOW WAS THE TRIP?

>> HE DIDN'T HELP.

HE DID NOT HELP.

( LAUGHTER ).

>> Larry: ALL RIGHT, WITH THATIN MIND, PLEASE ENJOY THEIR

ACURA ROAD TRIP.

>> SO LONG, ROTTEN APPLE!

HELLO, BEANTOWN!

>> TAKE A LEFT.

>> YOU KNOW THERE'S A G.P.S. ICAN USE.

>> I'M IN THE CAR, WE DON'T NEEDA G.P.S.

>> WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOUWERE IN BOSTON?

>> 10 YEARS AGO.

>> OKAY, SO LET'S TURN ON THEG.P.S.

>> NO.

♪ WE'RE GOING TO BOSTON IT AIN'TVERY FAR WE'RE GOING TO GET

THERE IN THIS HERE CAR, WE'REGOING TO EAT LOBSTER AND WE'RE

GOING TO CHOWDER AND IF YOUCAN'T HEAR ME WE'LL SAY IT

LOUDER ♪♪MAN, THERE ARE SO MANY THINGS I

WANT TO DO WHEN WE GET THERE.

FIRST THING LOBSTER, BOILED,BAKED, STUFFED, CLAM ROLLS, BIG

BELLIES.

MELTED BUTTER, CRACKING THATBABY OPEN.

ONE THING WE SHOULD TOTALLY DO,WHEN WE GET TO THE NEIGHBORHOOD,

BALDY GINETY CURES MEAT IN HISATTIC.

>> IS THERE ANYTHING IN BOSTONTHAT DOESN'T HAVE TO DO WITH

EATING?

>> NO, HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM PINEAPPLES.

>> WE SHOULD GO APPLE PICKING.

>> WE'RE NOT GOING APPLEPICKING.

>> THIS ISN'T A DATE.

>> WE'RE GOING APPLE PICKING!

>> WE'RE NOT GOING APPLEPICKING.

HELLO, BOSTON!

LET'S DRIVE THROUGH MY OLDNEIGHBORHOOD SO I CAN DRIVE

THROUGH AND SAY HELLO.

HELLO, QUINCY!

WE USED TO PLAY THE CRANBERRYBOGS IN CARLISLE.

THAT GUYS USED TO MAKE WINE INHIS BASEMENT.

DRIVE FAST.

I DON'T WANT THAT WOMAN TO SEEME.

>> WHAT WOMAN?

>> EVERYBODY CALLED HER WICKEDWANDA.

I WENT OUT WITH HER SISTER( HORN BEEPING ).

>> DON'T DO THAT.

>> I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET THISGUY.

>> YOU'RE REAL EXCITED.

>> MIKE!

>> FOR 365 DAYS, DREW BEAARTHUR.

>> YES.

>> WHY DID YOU PICK HER?

>> HER SNARK AND WIS WITTICISMHELPED FORM MY SENSE OF HUMOR,

I'D LIKE TO THINK.

>> 365 DAYS.

>> YES.

>> PROVE IT.

I WANT TO SEE THEM.

>> BEA'S KNEES, MACARONI ANDBEA'S.

THAT'S JULY 4.

>> LOOK AT THIS ONE-LINEDRAWING.

>> BEA QUALITY, HEAD, SHOULDERS,BEAS AND TOES.

>> LOOK AT THE SHADOW WORKTHERE.

>> I THINK I CAN TAKE ON BEAARTHUR.

>> SHE WOULD EAT YOUR LUNCH.

>> WHAT DOES THAT MEAN.

>> YOU KNOW.

>> NO I DON'T.

>> THE BOSTON BEA PARTY.

>> AND THE LATEST ONE, LARRY BEAWILMORE.

>> WOULD YOU DO ME?

LET ME REPHRASE THAT?

WOULD YOU PAINT ME FOR 365 DAYS?

>> SURE.

>> RICK BEA.

>> RICK DOESN'T WORK WITH THEWORD PLAY.

>> ARE YOU TWO RELATED.

>> MIKE, I HAVE TO CONGRATULATEYOU, BECAUSE YOU KEPT IT 100.

SO CONGRATULATIONS, BUDDY.

>> THANK YOU.

>> IF YOU EVER COME BY, FEELMORE THAN WELCOME TO

CONTACT BOBBY.

>> I LOVE YOU, MIKE.

>> THANK YOU.

>> Larry: CONGRATULATIONS,MIKE.

GREAT JOB, RICKEY AND BOBBY.

WE'LL BE RIGHT BACK.

( CHEERS AND APPLAUSE )>> Larry: WELCOME BACK.

I'M HERE WITH MY PANEL.

"NIGHTLY SHOW" CONTRIBUTOR,BOBBY GAYLOR.

( CHEERS AND APPLAUSE )LOLA OGUNNAIKE.

AND SHE STARS IN FOX'S "SCREAMQUEENS" AIRINGS TUESDAYS AT 9.

AND THE NEW SEASON OF HBO'S"GETTING ON" PREMIERES THIS

SUNDAY, SHE'S DOING EVERYTHING,YOU GUYS

COMEDIAN AND ACTRESS, NIECYNASH.

( CHEERS AND APPLAUSE )AND FOR EVERYONE AT HOME, JOIN

OUR CONVERSATION RIGHT NOW ONTWITTER @NIGHTLY SHOW USING THE

HASHTAG "TONIGHTLY."

THIS STORY IS KIND OF LINKED TOWHAT WE WERE SAYING EARLIER.

QUENTIN TARANTINO HAS BEEN ALLOVER THE NEWS LATELY BECAUSE HE

WAS SPEAKING OUT AT A RALLYAGAINST POLICE BRUTALITY, AND

NOW POLICE UNIONS ARE ALL UPSET,CALLING FOR PEOPLE TO BOYCOTT

HIS FILMS, CALLING ON OTHERPOLICE TO BOYCOTT AND STUFF.

THIS RAISES THE QUESTION IWANTED TO ASK THIS PANEL.

IS IT A GOOD IDEA FOR ACTORS ANDARTISTS TO BE ACTIVISTS?

WHAT DO YOU THINK, NIECY?

>> AS AN ACTOR, I HAVE TO SAY IFEEL LIKE IT'S A SLIPPERY SLOPE

BECAUSE IF YOU SPEAK OUT AND YOUSAY SOMETHING THAT, YOU KNOW,

SOMEONE IN THE PUBLIC FEELS ISILL-FITTING, THEN YOU RUN THE

RISK OF EVERYBODY COMING DOWN ONYOUR HEAD, AND IT AFFECTS YOUR

REVENUE.

BUT AT THE SAME TIME, YOU'REPASSIONATE, SO DO YOU FEED YOUR

FAMILY OR WALK IN YOUR TRUTH?

IT'S HARD TO DECIDE WHERE YOU'REGOING TO BE IN THAT.

>> Larry: DOES IT FEEL LIKE--YOU LOOK SKEPTICAL.

>> I AM, BECAUSE SOMETIMES IT'SLIKE, YOU KNOW, PEOPLE COME

OUT-- THE THING IS WITHHOLLYWOOD-- AND WE KNOW HOW MUCH

MONEY FILMS MAKE.

WHEN 10 RICH MUSICIANS COME OUTAND GO, "WE WROTE A SONG FOR

YOUR CAUSE."

I THINK WHY DON'T YOU ALL JUSTCHIP IN A MILLION, AND THEN

THEY'LL HAVE $10 MILLION AND IWON'T HAVE TO BUY YOUR ( BLEEP )

SONG.

>> YOU CAN DO BOTH.

YOU CAN SELL MUSIC AND YOU CANMAKE MUSIC THAT HAS THE SOCIAL

RELEVANCE AS WELL.

I MISS BACK IN THE DAY WHENPEOPLE LIKE PUBLIC ENEMY WOULD

COME OUT AND PEOPLE LIKE N.W.A.

>> NOW RAPPERS ARE RAPPING ABOUTCOOKING CRACK IN THE KITCHEN.

THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE STANDING>> Larry: WE'RE TALKING ABOUT

WHEN AN ARTIST PUTS COMMENTARYIN THEIR WORK.

BUT WE'RE SAYING IF SOMEONE ISKNOWN FOR, LIKE, A SITCOM AND

THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT SOMETHINGELSE.

>> THIS IS THE POINT THAT I'MMAKING IS THAT IT'S NOT SAFE.

IF YOU SAY -->> IT'S NOT SAFE?

>> I'M SAYING TO YOUR REVENUE.

BECAUSE WHAT ENDS UP HAPPENING--NO, BECAUSE WHAT ENDS UP

HAPPENING --HAPPENING-- LISTEN.

>> MONEY, MONEY, MONEY!

>> LISTEN!

COME ON, NOW.

>> Larry: I UNDERSTAND.

BUT YOU KNOW, THIS IS A BIGISSUE.

IT'S NOT JUST CELEBRITIES ANDENTERTAINERS.

ABDUL-JABBAR WAS TALKING TALKINGABOUT THIS AND THERE'S BEEN A

LOT OF CRITICISM ABOUT MICHAELJORDAN NOT SPEAKING OUT, AND

KAREEM SAID HE PUT COMMERCE OVERCONSCIENCE.

DO YOU THINK THAT'S VALID?

DO WE HAVE TO HAVE ATHLETES COMEOUT, TOO, OR DO YOU JUST WANT

THEM TO PLAY SPORTS?

>> WHENEVER I SEE AN AWARDS SHOWAND PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE

LOFTY THINGS ON THE RED CARPET,I DON'T WANT THAT. I WANT THEM

TO TALK ABOUT YOURARMANI GOWN, HOW LONG IT TOOK

YOU TO GET READY, THANK YOUREIGHTH GRADE DRAMA TEACHER AND

CALL IT A DAY, THANK YOURHUSBAND.

OCCASIONALLY I WANT TO HEAR ALITTLE BIT ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK

ABOUT FEMALE GENITAL MUTILATIONOR SOMETHING, BUT NOT TOO MUCH

OF THAT.

>> WHAT!

>> FGM, IT'S A BIG DEAL.>> MY TWO CENTS IS--

>> Larry: TWO CENTS! WITH THEREVENUE AGAIN.

NO, NO.

I GOT IT.

>> HERE'S THE THING.

IF YOU GET INVITED TO BE APRESENTER, I FEEL LIKE READ THE

TELEPROMPTER AND GET OFF.

IF YOU WIN AND YOU HAVE 45SECONDS, USE IT TO SAY WHATEVER

YOU WANT TO SAY, AND THOSE CHIPSWILL FALL WHERE THEY MAY.

BUT IT'S ABSOLUTELY YOUR RIGHTTO DO SO.

( CHEERS AND APPLAUSE ).

>> Larry: DO YOU THINK THETYPE OF CAUSE MAKES A

DIFFERENCE?

BECAUSE THERE ARE SOME THINGS,IF YOU SAID, "HEY, MAN, I THINK

WE SHOULD ALL DO SOMETHING ABOUTCOLON CANCER."

NOBODY IS GOING TO SAY,"( BLEEP ) YOU."

WHO COULD BE MAD AT THAT?

>> I TOTALLY AGREE.

BECAUSE THERE ARE JUST SO MANYTHINGS.

WHAT HAPPENS IS CELEBRITIES JUMPON A CAUSE RIGHT AND THEY

BELIEVE IN IT, BUT WE, THECONSUMERS NOW, EVERY CELEBRITY'S

COMING AT US LOOKING FOR OURDOLLAR.

YOU'RE LIKE I DON'T KNOW WHO TOGIVE WHAT TO.

IF I COME HOME AT NIGHT ANDSOMEBODY IS COMING ON GOING,

"SEND ME $27 TO SAVE THEMANATEE," I'M LIKE I JUST GAVE

MONEY TO EIGHT HOMELESS PEOPLE.

( BLEEP ) THE MANATEE.

>> JESSE WILLIAMS, IF HE ASKEDME TO SAVE THE MANATEES, I WOULD

BE LIKE UH-HUH.

>> Larry: DOES IT MATTER WHOTHE CELEBRITY IS?

IS THERE ACTIVISM EXHAUSTION?

LIKE, I GET IT, SEAN PENN,YOU'RE ON A BOAT IN HAITI.

I GET IT.

NOT TO MAKE FUN OF SEAN PENNBECAUSE HE ACTUALLY DOES THINGS

WHEN NOBODY IS LOOKING.

I DON'T THINK HE DOES THINGS FORATTENTION.

>> I THINK YOU CAN TELL THEDIFFERENCE.

YOU CAN TELL WHEN SOMEBODY ISTRULY COMMITTED TO A CAUSE AND

WHEN THEY'RE JUST JUMPING ON THEBANDWAGON AND I THINK THAT'S THE

DIFFERENCE.

>> Larry: BUT IF THE BANDWAGON IS DELIVERING GOODS.

>> IT DEPENDS WHERE IT STARTS.

TAKE THE ICE BUCKET CHALLENGE.

THAT STARTED OFF REALLY GOOD,A.L.S., BROUGHT ALL THIS MONEY

IN, STARTED OFF WITH ALL THESEGREAT PEOPLE-- NOW, WAIT A

MINUTE -->> ARE YOU GOING TO SAY

SOMETHING BAD ABOUT THE ICEBUCKET CHALLENGE?

>> NO, NO, LET ME GET THE CAVEATOUT.

IT STARTS OFF WITH ALL THESEGREAT PEOPLE, IT GOES TO WHAT WE

WERE SAYING A MINUTE AGO AND THE"C" AND "D" LIST CELEBRITY SAYS

I NEED TO GET IN ON THAT AND THENEXT THING WE'RE WATCHING CARROT

TOP DOING THE ICE BUCKETCHALLENGE.

A BUCKET OF HAMMERS ON HIS HEADOR SCORPIONS I WOULD BE LIKE

I'LL SEND MORE MONEY NOW.

>> Larry: WHO IS THECELEBRITY-- I DON'T KNOW IF YOU

WANT TO ANSWER-- WHO IS THECELEBRITY THAT BUGS YOU MOST

WITH THEIR ACTIVISM?

COME ON, BOBBY, GIVE ME ONE.

>> FOR ME-- YOU ALREADYMENTIONED THEM, SEAN PENN.

>> Larry: REALLY!

>> YEAH.

>> Larry: BUT SEAN PENN-- NO,SEAN--

>> BRING IT ON.

I'LL GIVE YOU MILK AND I'LL GIVE YOU SPICOLI,

>> SEAN PENN HELPED BUILDHOMES IN NEW ORLEANS.

HE'S-->> BUT HE SEEMS LIKE A DICK.

( LAUGHTER )YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING?

LIKE, WAIT A MINUTE, WAIT AMINUTE.

LIKE THE THE WAY THEY TALK ABOUTPOLITICS.

THEY GO WHO WOULD YOU LIKE TOHAVE A BEER WITH?

IF YOU HAD A BEER WITH THATGUY YOU WOULD BE FIST FIGHTING

FIVE MINUTES IN.

>> SOMEBODY IS BEING SUED FORTALKING ABOUT THAT.

SO YOU BETTER LEAVE THAT ALONE.

NO, NOT YOU.

>> Larry: I GUESS THE LESSONIS IF YOU'RE OUT THERE FOR A

CAUSE, IT'S OKAY IF YOU'RE ADICK.

JUST-- JUST COMMIT.

WE'LL BE RIGHT BACK.