Tag Team ThursdaySweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE ONE’S CHANCES OF WINNING.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility: The Tag Team Thursday Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is only open to permanent legal residents of the fifty (50) states of the United States (“U.S.”) and the District of Columbia (“D.C.”) who are currently physically located and residing therein (excluding Guam, Puerto Rico and all other U.S. and foreign territories and possessions) and who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry. Entrants must be Twitter members to enter; however, the Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Twitter and by entering, each entrant completely releases Twitter of all liability in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor (defined below) has no affiliation with Twitter and has no responsibility for or control over any matters relating to Twitter or Twitter accounts. Entrants must also have either a valid social security number and/or a valid U.S. personal tax identification number. Employees of @Midnight, Inc. (“Sponsor”),Funny or Die Incorporated, Viacom Inc., Creative Artists Agency, LLC, Brillstein Entertainment Partners, Sweepstakes administrator, their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of the Sweepstakes, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, franchisees, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers, participating stations, stations airing the television series “@Midnight”, cable operators, multiple service operators, any other person or entity associated with the Sweepstakes or the television series “@Midnight” (collectively “Sweepstakes Entities”) and/or members of their immediate families (spouses, children, siblings, parents) and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes.
2. Sweepstakes Period: For all purposes of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor’s computer is the official clock and all times refer to Pacific Time (“PT”). The Sweepstakes period begins at 8:59:59 a.m. PT on January 6, 2014 and ends at 8:59:59 a.m. PT on March 10, 2014 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Sweepstakes consist of ten (10) separate sweepstakes drawings (each an “Individual Drawing”). Entries for the last Individual Drawing must be received by 11:59:59 a.m. PT on March 10, 2014.
3. How to Enter: To enter the Sweepstakes, entrants must first either be already following or begin following @Midnight’s Twitter feed. To follow @Midnight on Twitter, entrants must go to https://twitter.com/midnight (“Website”) and click the “Follow” button. If an entrant does not have a Twitter account, he/she may create one for free by going to http://twitter.com/and following the sign up instructions. Each entrant who successfully follows @Midnight’s Twitter feed will receive an entry into the Sweepstakes (“Entry”). Entries for the last Individual Drawing must be received by 8:59:59 a.m. PT on March 10, 2014. Limit one (1) Entry per person (based on Twitter account) throughout the Sweepstakes Period. If an entrant is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, he/she must obtain parental/legal guardian consent prior to entering or submitting any personally identifiable information.A minor is defined as a resident of Alabama or Nebraska who is under nineteen (19) years of age or a resident of Mississippi who is under twenty one (21) years of age (“Minor”). Entrants can only participate in the Sweepstakes under one (1) Twitter account. Only the entrant registered under a particular Twitter account may participate in the Sweepstakes. Any entrant found to be using multiple Twitter accounts to enter the Sweepstakes will be disqualified and such action may result in said entrant’s removal from being a follower of @Midnight on Twitter. Any attempted form of entry other than as described herein is void. Proof of submitting an Entry will not be deemed by Sponsor as proof of receipt or entry into the Sweepstakes. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain Entries by using multiple/different email addresses/Twitter accounts, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void that entrant’s Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification, as set forth below. The Website may not be accessible from all mobile phones, handheld devices and/or tablets. If an entrant experiences any issues entering, he/she should access the Website from a desktop or laptop computer. If entrants use a mobile device to obtain an Entry, standard text messaging and data rates apply to the Entry and all other mobile communications, including but not limited to additional Entries (if applicable), sent and received in connection with the Sweepstakes (contact your carrier for pricing plans and details). This charge will be billed on each entrant’s wireless bill or deducted from each entrant’s prepaid balance. May not be available for all service providers or for all mobile devices. Please use care and do not drive while entering the Sweepstakes.
4. Prizes/Odds of Winning: Ten (10) prizes will be awarded in this Sweepstakes (one  per Individual Drawing). Each prize consists of  the chance to be mentioned during a broadcast of @Midnight and have a comedian play on winner’s behalf (subject to availability and Sponsor’s approval) and  an 8” x 10” print (exact memorabilia to be determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion and subject to availability) signed by Chris Hardwick and/or the comedian (subject to availability) who may have potentially played on the winner’s behalf. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize: $5.00. NOTE: Part 2 of the prize (e.g. the 8” x 10” print) will only be awarded to the entrant represented by the guest comedian who wins on the pre-determined broadcast of @Midnight. The total ARV of all prizes: $50.00.Odds of winning a prize depends on the total number of eligible Entries received for a particular Individual Drawing during the Sweepstakes Period. Limit one (1) prize per person/family/household for the entire Sweepstakes Period. All expenses associated with the receipt or use of prize not specifically mentioned as being included are excluded and are each winner’s sole responsibility. No cash equivalent for prize(s) will be available. Prize is not transferable. However, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, choose to substitute a prize of equal or greater value due to prize unavailability, change of Sweepstakes sponsor, or for any other reason. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to replace any merchandise prize with a newer model or version of same; but, in such event, Sponsor will continue to use the value of the “old” (i.e., replaced) item for purposes of calculating the ARV. Prize(s) is not transferable. If a winner is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a Minor, his/her prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent legal guardian. The prize(s) and prize notification(s) will only be sent to addresses within the fifty (50) states of the U.S. (including D.C.). Any depiction of prize(s) in Sweepstakes materials or otherwise are for illustrative purposes only. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities (including but not limited to income taxes) arising from participation in the Sweepstakes or award of any prize(s)will be the sole responsibility of the winner(s). The Sweepstakes administrator is not the supplier or guarantor of any prize.
5. Drawing: Potential winners will be randomly selected from among all eligible Entries received in a drawing held by the Sponsor on or about the Monday (see below) during the Sweepstakes Period (each a “Drawing Date”). Non-winning eligible Entries will be retained and entered into the subsequent Individual Drawing.
· Individual Drawing #1 Drawing Date: 1/6/14
· Individual Drawing #2 Drawing Date: 1/13/14
· Individual Drawing #3 Drawing Date: 1/20/14
· Individual Drawing #4 Drawing Date: 1/27/14
· Individual Drawing #5 Drawing Date: 2/3/14
· Individual Drawing #6 Drawing Date: 2/10/14
· Individual Drawing #7 Drawing Date: 2/17/14
· Individual Drawing #8 Drawing Date: 2/24/14
· Individual Drawing #9 Drawing Date: 3/3/14
· Individual Drawing #10 Drawing Date: 3/10/14
6. Notification of Winners: Potential winners (or, if a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a Minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) will be notified via direct message to his/her Twitter account by the Sponsor within approximately twenty four (24) hours of the Drawing Date. Potential winners must be followers of @Midnight on Twitter in order to receive a direct message; potential winners who are not following @Midnight on Twitter will be disqualified. Each potential winner will have twenty four (24) hours to respond to the direct message by emailing his/her requested response (e.g. his/her email address) to the appropriate party identified in the direct message or his/her Entry will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected.
After a potential winner provides his/her email address to the Sponsor, he/she (his/her parent/legal guardian if potential winner is a Minor) will be emailed further instructions which must be adhered to within twenty four (24) hours or his/her Entry will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected. Instructions will include, but are not limited to, requiring potential winners to sign, execute, and return an original unmodified Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, (where legal) a Publicity Releaseas well as a copy of his/her legible government issued photo identificationand any other documentation that Sponsor and/or the Sweepstakes administrator requires (collectively “Affidavit/Release”) within twenty four (24) hours after delivery to the potential winner or such potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner for such prize may be selected. If a potential winner is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a Minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to complete and sign the Affidavit/Release on his/her behalf. By returning the completed Affidavit/Release, winner attests to the provisions stated therein including the accuracy of the information contained therein and his/her compliance with these Official Rules. A faxed and/or emailed Affidavit/Release has the same force and effect as the original.
NOTE: The first three (3) potential winners who both respond to the direct message and who return their completed Affidavit/Release will be selected as the three (3) individuals for whom a comedian will play on their behalf during a broadcast of @Midnight.
If a potential winner does not respond to the direct message within twenty four (24) hours; does not respond to the email and/or does not supply his Affidavit/Release within twenty four (24) hours; is found to be ineligible; if he/she does not comply with these Official Rules; if his/her prize or prize notification email is returned as undeliverable;potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
8. Disclaimers: Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable for Entries that are entered by other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, or device), or for Entries that are illegible, late, tampered with, forged, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, damaged, lost, misplaced, stolen, destroyed, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules and such Entries will be disqualified. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree and acknowledge that the Sweepstakes Entities shall have no responsibility or liability (including, but not limited to, liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death) in connection with: participation in this Sweepstakes; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of Twitter username, acceptance/possession, use/misuse, and/or defects of the prize(s) awarded herein; change of official Sweepstakes sponsor, typographical errors in Sweepstakes promotional material; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or internet service provider utilized by Sweepstakes; interruption or inability to access the Sweepstakes, the Website, Twitter, or any online service via the internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; any damage to entrant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of this Sweepstakes;pre-emption/interruption/cancellation of the television series “@Midnight”, promos, or elements of Sweepstakes, even if caused by the negligence of one of the Sweepstakes Entities. Entrants further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes, and hereby acknowledge that said Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with a prize. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity that may be caused or contributed (1) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of the prize supplier or any of its agents, servants, employees or independent contractors, (2) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of Sponsor, or (3) by any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the cotion ntrol of Sponsor or its parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies. The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
9. GOVERNING LAW, JURISDICTION, ARBITRATION: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to (i) the Sweepstakes, (ii) the awarding or redemption of any prize and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of these Official Rules or their enforcement or interpretation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the state of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this agreement, its enforcement, arbitrability or interpretation shall be submitted to final and binding arbitration, to be held in Los Angeles County, California, before a single arbitrator, in accordance with California Code of Civil Procedure §§ 1280 et seq. The arbitrator shall be selected by mutual agreement of Sponsor(s) and the entrant or entrants bringing forth the controversy or claim (collectively, the “Parties”) or, if the Parties cannot agree, then by striking from a list of arbitrators supplied by the American Arbitration Association or JAMS/Endispute. The arbitration shall be a confidential proceeding, closed to the general public. The arbitrator shall issue a written opinion stating the essential findings and conclusions upon which the arbitrator’s award is based. The Parties will share equally in payment of the arbitrator’s fees and arbitration expenses and any other costs unique to the arbitration hearing (recognizing that each side bears its own deposition, witness, expert and attorneys’ fees and other expenses to the same extent as if the matter were being heard in court). Entrant(s) agrees that his/her claim will be resolved individually, exclusively by arbitration, without resort to any form of class action. Entrant(s) further agrees that any claim/judgment/award in such arbitration shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and, under no circumstances, will an entrant(s) be entitled to awards for and entrant(s) hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Should any term of this section be deemed void, unenforceable or contrary to law, such term shall, but only to the extent necessary to bring this section within the requirements of law, be deemed to be severed from the other terms of these Official Rules, and the remainder of these Official Rules shall be given effect as if it had not included the severed term herein. THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT, AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF.
10. Name of Winners: To receive the name of winner(s) or an additional copy of these Official Rules, send a self- addressed stamped envelope to: the lot, Attn: FOD, @Midnight Sweepstakes Winners or @Midnight Sweepstakes Rules (specify which), 1041 N Formosa Avenue, Formosa South Bldg, West Hollywood, CA 90046.All requests must be received no later than two (2) months after the stated end date of the Sweepstakes Period (i.e. May 10, 2014). The Official Rules will be available on the Website during the entire Sweepstakes. Name of winners may also be posted on the Website.
11. Sponsor: @Midnight, Inc., 1041 N Formosa Avenue, Formosa South Bldg, West Hollywood, CA 90046.