Seth Rogen - Why Would a Billionaire Lie?

October 5, 2015 - Seth Rogen 10/05/2015 Views: 18,443

Seth Rogen describes getting into the role of Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak in the "Steve Jobs" biopic and being targeted by North Korean leader Kim Jong-un. (6:29)

>> Trevor: PLEASE WELCOME SETHROGEN.

(CHEERS AND APPLAUSE)

CAN I JUST TAKE A MOMENT T0ACKNOWLEDGE, I NEVER THOUGHT

THIS WOULD EVER HAPPEN INMY LIFE.

I'M SUCH A HUGE FAN OFYOURS.

>> OH, THANK YOU, SOME OF,MAN.

>> Trevor: I DON'T THINK YOUUNDERSTAND, ARE YOU ONE OF

THE FUNNIEST HUMAN BEINGS ONTHE PLANET RIGHT NOW.

>> THAT IS--

(CHEERS AND APPLAUSE)

>> Trevor: YOU REALLY ARE.

>> THANK YOU, THAT'S SO NICEOF TO YOU SAY.

I NEVER THOUGHT THIS WOULDHAPPEN EITHER BECAUSE I

DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

SO--

(LAUGHTER)

>> Trevor: THAT WOULD BE A WEIRDTHINKING TO BE THINKING.

THANK YOU FOR COMING TO THESHOW.

I WATCHED THE MOVIE LASTNIGHT.

THEY GAVE ME A SPECIAL THINGTO WATCH THE MOVIE ON.

>> THAT'S COOL.

>> Trevor: WHICH IS WERDBECAUSE THEY PUT YOUR NAME ON

IT SO YOU CAN'T PIRATE IT, SOI WATCHED YOUR FACE WITH MY

NAME.

>> TREVOR NOAH, THAT IS HOWTHE MOVIE IS FOR EVERYBODY.

THAT'S A BIG CHOICE THAT WE'REMAKING.

>> Trervor: IT WAS AMAZING, MAN.

>> GOOD MOVIE.

>> Trevor: I KEPT WAITINGFOR YOU TO MAKE A JOKE

THOUGH.

>> I'M NOT FUNNY IN IT, ATALL.

(LAUGHTER)

>> Trevor: IS THAT SOMETHINGTHAT'S WEIRD FOR YOU WHEN YOU

ARE MAKING A FILM?

>> IT IS WEIRD.

ESPECIALLY BECAUSE A FEWOTHER PEOPLE IN THE MOVIE

GET JOKES.

AND I DON'T GET ANY OF THEM.

AND ITS-- YEAH, IT ISBIZARRE.

BECAUSE YOU DO KIND OF FELLLIKE YOU'RE IN THE CAGE

READY TO BREAK OUT.

BUT IN A WAY IT'S A NICEPRESSURE, I MADE MOVIES THAT

WERE TRYING TO BE FUNNY THATNO ONE LAUGHS AT.

SO IT'S NICE TO HAVE ONETHAT IT'S COOL WHEN NOBODY

LAUGHS.

>> Trevor: JOYS OF COMEDY,MAN.

I WAS WATCHING IT, AND I'MHONESTLY NOT JUST SAYING

THIS BECAUSE YOU ARE ON THESHOW AND THAT IS WHAT PEOPLE

SAY WHEN THEY ARE ON THESHOWS.

BUT I TRULY ENJOYED YOURPERFORMANCE.

>> THANK YOU.

>> Trevor: LIKE IN THEBEGINNING I WAS GOING OKAY,

SETH ROGEN, SETH ROGEN.

THEN POOR WOZNIAK, POOR WOZ.

AND I HEARD YOU SPENT A LOTOF TIME WITH HIM PREPARING

FOR THE ROLE.

>> I DID.

>> Trevor: WHAT WAS THATLIKE.

>> IT WAS WEIRD.

I NEVER PLAYED A GUY THATWAS REAL OTHER THAN MYSELF I

PLAYED IN A MOVIE, AND IWASN'T THAT WORRIED ABOUT

THAT.

BUT HE IS A VERY STRANGEGUY.

HE'S BRILLIANT.

AND HE INVENTED PERSONALCOMPUTERS.

WHICH IS-- A CRAZY THING TODO.

AND HE-- HE LIKED THE MOVIEIN THE END, WHICH IS GREAT

BECAUSE IT WOULD SUCK IT IFHE HATED IT.

>> Trevor: DID HE LIKE YOURPORTRAYAL OF HIM.

>> HE SAYS HE DID.

HE SAYS YES, HE CLAIMS HEDID.

AND HE SEEMED LIKE THE KINDOF GUY WOULD BE HONEST

BECAUSE HE IS A BILLIONAIRE,WHY WOULD ELY TO ME.

SO I THINK HE-- I THINK HEACTUALLY LIKED IT.

>> Trevor: WHY WOULD ABILLIONAIRE LIE?

>> THERE'S NO-- IT'S ABILLION DOLLARS GETS YOU OUT

OF ANYTHING.

IT'S LYING TO ASSHOLES TOME.

>> Trevor: THAT SHOULD BEDONE ALL TRUMP'S SLOGAN, WHY

WOULD A BILLIONAIRE LIE.

>> THAT IS KIND OF HIS SLOGAN.

>> Trevor: A GREAT SLOGAN TOHAVE.

I MEAN LOOKING AT THIS, THEREHAS BEEN A LOT OF BUZZ AROUND

THE FILM.

I'M SURE YOU ARE SEEN PEOPLEARE ECK SITTED FOR YOUR PORTAYL,

IT SAY DIFFERENT STYLEOF MOVIE.

ARE YOU EXCITED FOR MOREDRAMATIC ROLES NOW?

>> I DON'T KNOW.

YOU PROBABLY HEARD IT IS AGREAT TIME FOR WHITE MEN IN

COMEDY.

AND SO I--

(LAUGHTER)

-- SO I'M VERY COMFORTABLEIN THAT UNIVERSE.

AND--

(LAUGHTER)

[BLEEP] TO SAY BUT IT'STRUE.

SO YEAH, IT'S ALSO A GREATTIME FOR WHITE MEN IN DRAMA

SO I MIGHT --

>> Trevor: IT'S A GREAT TIME FORWHITE MEN.

>> IT'S A GREAT TIME FORWHITE MEN.

A GOOD TIME FOR WHITE MEN.

WE'RE CRUSHING IT.

>> Trevor: AND THAT IS ALINE THAT YOU CAN PUT ALL

THROUGH HISTORY, MY FRIEND.

WHITE MEN, WE'RE CRUSHINGIT.

>> PRETTY MUCH CRUSHING IT.

>> Trevor: YEAH.

YOU WERE ACTING, YOU WEREACTING OPPOSITE SOME OF THE

MOST AMAZING CAST MEMBERS,MICHAEL FASTBENDER.

HE DOESN'T LOOK LIKE STEVEJOBS BUT HE BECOMES

CHARACTER, HE BECOMES-- HENAILS IT.

KATE WINSLET.

>> YEAH.

>> Trevor: DID YOU EVERTHINK, I MEAN THERE MUST

HAVE BEEN A POINT FOR YOUWHERE YOU-- LIKE THE WAY I'M

SITTING WITH SETH GOING THISIS CRAZY.

YOU WERE OPPOSITE THE LADYFROM TITANIC.

>> WHICH IS SO WEIRD, ANDYES, I WAS VERY PREVALENT IN

MY HEAD IS THAT I-- YEAH, ITHOUGHT, IT THAT WAS MY

FIRST MOVIE I EVER SAW IN ASTADIUM-STYLE THEATER.

>> Trevor: WHAT IS THAT,WHAT DO YOU MEAN?

>> YOU KNOW, LIKE HOWTHEATERS NOW ARE VERY, LIKE

A STADIUM.

>> Trevor: HOW WERE THEYBEFORE.

>> THE MOVIE, THE SCREEN WASABOVE YOU AND THEY WERE FLAT,

YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

>> Trevor: OH, NO.

>> HOW LONG YOU HAVE HADTHEATERS?

>> WELL, WE WERE LIKE, UNLESSTHEY'RE STADIUM, WE DON'T WANT

THEM.

>> YES, YES. IT WAS AMAZING TOACT WITH KATE WINSLET.

I DON'T DO MUCH WITH HER,PROBABLY AT HER REQUEST.

WE KIND OF CROSSED PATHS INTHE MOVIE.

>> Trevor: I THINK ARE YOUPUTTING YOU WERE AMAZING IN THE

FILM.

>> THANK YOU.

>> Trevor: ONE THING THAT IREALLY NEVER THOUGHT OF

BEFORE WAS JUST THE ROLE OFTHE DISGRUNTLED MAN.

YOU GO STEVE JOBS, EVERYONELOOKS TO HIM AND THEY SAY

WHAT A FANTASTIC MAN.

WHAT A GENIUS HE WAS.

WE ALL USE THE PRODUCTS NOW.

BUT THEN WHEN YOU WEREPORTRAYING WOZNIAK, I WAS

GOING WOW, HOW MANY HEARTSDID HE BREAK ON THE WAY TO

CREATING THESE AMAZINGDEVICES.

DID YOU FEEL THAT WHEN YOUWERE PLAYING THE CHARACTER?

>> IT WAS INTERESTING.

I MEAN, I THINK IN REAL LIFESTEVE WOZNIAK IS VERY

HAPPY AND I DON'T VIEW HIMAS A TRAGIC FIGURE AT ALL.

>> Trevor: HE'S ABILLIONAIRE.

>> CUZ HE'S A BILLIONAIRE.

ONCE YOU HAVE A BILLIONDOLLARS, [BLEEP] YOU.

SO IT-- NO, HE'S A VERYSWEET GUY AND ACTUALLY VERY

HAPPY.

BUT IT DOES APPEAR THATPEOPLE WERE LEFT IN HIS WAKE,

SO TO SPEAK, EMOTIONALLY ANDIT SEEMS LIKE HE REALLY, YOU

KNOW, TRIED TO SQUEEZE THEBEST OUT OF PEOPLE.

AND IF YOU WEREN'T GIVINGHIM WHAT HE THOUGHT WAS THE

BEST, HE WOULD DISCARD YOUWITH GREAT PREJUDICE.

>> Trevor: IT REALLY WAS AFANTASTIC MOVIE TOO MUCH

WATCH.

I WAS JUST EXCITED BECAUSETHE LAST TIME YOU MADE A

MOVIE IT ALMOST ENDED THEWORLD.

>> IT'S TRUE.

YOU WOULD THINK I WOULD STAYAWAY FROM MAKING MOVIES OF

PEOPLE WHO ARE GOOD WITHCOMPUTERS AFTER THAT.

>> Trevor: YOU BROUGHT-- THATWAS SUCH A SCARY-- I WAS SCARED

FOR YOU, FOR ME, BECAUSE, NO,BECAUSE YOU BASICALLY PISSED

OFF KIM JONG UN.

>> I DID.

>> Trevor: HE IS THE JOFFREY OFTHE WORLD.

>> I'M THE PETER DINKLAGE OFTHE WORLD.

(LAUGHTER)

>> Trevor: MAN, ARE YOU THEPETER DINKLADGE OF THE WORLD.

BUT IN THIS FILM YOU AREMORE THAN THAT, YOU ARE

AMAZING.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR COMINGON THE SHOW.

>> THANK YOU FOR HAVING ME.