- ♪ Yeah, I'm talkin' to you ♪
♪ Don't just sit there feeling blue ♪
♪ When you feel there's nothing you can do ♪
♪ You just pick yourself right off the ground ♪
♪ Get on up and turn around
♪ Hey, hey
[elegant piano music playing]
- Felipe, where are they?
- Right over there.- I mean, what could I do?
I pay for the coffee.
I pick up the dog,and I tell the cop
that I'm with animal control,undercover.
I still have the dog.
- A million dollars?
Heck yeah, we got a deal.
Carter Grant,VP of marketing, Chrysler?
- Uh, yeah.Have we met?
- We're about to.Sam Duvet.
- Uh, hi, Sam.
- Tim Cramblin,Cramblin Advertising.
- Hello, Tim.
- Cramblin Advertising?
Are you Hank Cramblin's son?
- That I am, yeah.- Oh.
- You knowSally Pomerantz?
Head of creativefor Pomerantz and Klein.
- Hank Cramblin,what a legend.
How is your father?
- He went insane.He lives in a nuthouse now.
Well, the next timeyou see him,
you tell him Sally Pomerantzfrom Chicago said hello.
- He won't understand that.
Talking to him is liketalking to Bugs Bunny.
- Well, then you tell him,"What's up, Doc?"
- Thank you.
That'll mean a lot to him.
- Sally Pomerantz.
Just as lovely
as I'd always imagined.
I mean,wrong color but...
just as lovely.
- Yeah, he imagineseveryone black.
- I suppose it's becauseI'm black.
- Oh, that could be.- Could be.
- That could...- Could...
- Carter, we areon our way out
because we alreadyate here.
Look at these stainson our ties.
- Look at the receipt.
- I'm guessingall the agencies are in town
because you're hearing pitchesfor your new campaign.
Well, Cramblin would love
to throw our hat in the ringon that.
Well, have I seen your work?
- Oh, you sure have.
- No, no, no.Not your father's.
- Oh, uh...
- How about Smith'sbaby and teen kid furniture?
Harry Dean, the DUI lawyer?
Frank Franklin Insurance?
- Oh, I've seen that one.
- That's so us.- That's us!
- No, it's, uh--
that's a very catchy tune,yeah.
But, you know, I'm just not surethat your firm
is what we're looking forright now, gentlemen.
- Oh, sure, 'cause you'reprobably gonna go
with these fine folksfrom Chicago
'cause that's whereyou make your cars.
Wait a minute.No, you don't.
Where do they maketheir cars, Sam?
- Right here in Detroit.
- Come on, Carter.
- You make your cars here.
Make your ads here.
- [chuckles softly]
Fellas, it took a lot of ballscoming in here like this.
- Well, we were alreadyeating here, so...
- Receipt, so...
- Right, the receipt, yeah.
tell you what.
Why don't you come bytomorrow?
- 8:00? I can't at 8:00.I just can't.
I have dinner with my wife,and I can't cancel.
- Oh, no, I meant a.m.
- a.m., yeah.Makes way more sense.
- Yeah.- A little early.
- We'll be there, okay?
See you in the morning.Thank you.