- People! People please!
I know you're all upset.
As you all know, at 6:15PM yesterday evening,
a train derailed and hit a man named Jamaal Crenshaw,
killing him instantly.
Now, I know that safety is your number one concern,
which is why we decided
to temporarily suspend train 432 from operational status.
- This is outrageous!
- I don't know about y'all, but the way I was raised
if you don't wanna get hit by a train,
don't take the steps to get hit by a train.
- I stand near the tracks all the time
and trains never fly off and hit me.
- It's interesting you should bring that up,
because a study was just conducted
that said people like Jamaal are approximately,
let me get this number right,
one billion times more likely to get hit
by a malfunctioning train than someone like you.
- We don't want data!
We want answers!
- Look, we have a videoof it hitting the man.
- We don't know what happened before that video started.
- We are suspending the train, and that is final!
An innocent man was killed!
- Innocent, huh?
Well I don't believe he's so innocent, after all!
Age 22: Litterin'!
Age 23: Jaywalkin' again!
Mr. Man, this man ispossessed by the devil!
- Are you saying that this man deserved
to get hit by a train because he committed
a few misdemeanors?
- You hate trains!
(crowd yells in agreement)
- No I don't! I don't hate trains!
Look. Ignoring the factis not helping anyone
in this situation.
We need to learn from the situation.
Y'know, work together,
and move forward.
If we can institute some sort of policy
make some changes,
then maybe, just maybe,
less black people will be shot by the police for no reason!
- Who's getting shot?
- Big city, smart lookin'...