- It's our hometown.- Let's talk Houston.
Let's talk comedyright now.
- I'm originally fromthe other H-town.
That's Harare, Zimbabwe.- Okay.
- There you go.
The other H-town.You dig?
- Yeah.- I'll say Houston
is the dope training ground.
When I first started,my first show, terrible.
- How bad?- When I tell you it was nothing
but old-school,Jheri curls, and gold teeth--
like, the single gold tooth.- The one in the middle.
- With the--the the martiniglass in it,
you know what I'm saying?[laughter]
I think the biggest laughI got was, like, a "tss."
And that was from me,I did that.
I was--I was on stage.
- That's hard to take.Like, what I've learned is,
the harder the setup,the harder I got to go in there
and prove myselfand do a good set.
'Cause I learned that the hardway. Like, pfft,
"Man, I'm in somebody's kitchen.
Let me go in hereand knock this out."
Negative.- It's not enough work.
- You can't--you don't--yeah, you can't just see--
- Right.Simple and plain.
- I'll dig into it right now.
I was fired from this buildingthree weeks ago.
- He's been waitingto say that.
- Is this a major setback?Is this--
- Here's the thing,I got into comedy
because I got laid offfrom a radio station.
- Mm-hmm.- Then I looked around.
I saw open mic comedy. I said,"I've always wanted to do that."
So from that situation,it gave me the love of comedy.
And now,with this situation,
I'm already, you know,established and everything,
so why not?- Hey, brother,
no door openswithout another one closing.
- There you go.- Exactly.
- What are you expectingto get from this show,
from this performance?- What?
- Man.- My own boulevard
back in Africa.[laughter]
Man, look, a boulevard.
This right hereis a game-changer, Kev.
You don't understand.- Thank you.
- This is major exposure.- Mm-hmm.
- I'm talking about--but I got family in England,
family in Australia,you know what I mean?
I'm booking daysto Sydney right now.
- Yeah.- They don't even know me
there yet, but as soonas that show comes up?
- Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.- Well, I'm going.
You know, so that's whatI'm believing.
- I like it.- That it's just gonna change,
and it's just gonna propelout careers to the next level.
- So many doorsthat can be opened up
through stand-up comedy, man.- Pie is so big,
everybody can share it.- Yeah.
It's enough for everybody.- Yeah, everybody can.
So tonight, man, let's go downhere to Cafe 4212
and make it do what it do, man.I'm looking forward.
I'm glad we got to talk, guys,all right?
- Yay. Whoo!- My brother.
Sounds good to me.- Thank you, guys.