(majestic band melody)
- My favorite momenthas gotta be Kerri Strug
landing that vault with a broken foot.
- I just remember beinga kid and watching
the Dream Team and seeing Larry Bird play
with Magic and Jordan, just thinking if I got good
at basketball, I could have some black friends, maybe.
- My favorite athlete is Michael Phelps,
'cause he proves you could smoke weed
and still be successful.
- My favorite Olympic story of all time
is Eric the Eel.
Eric the Eel was...
I don't, wait.
Can you understand me with my accent?
- [Voiceover] I actually have no idea what you're saying.
- Oh, I thought so.
So, maybe we can put subtitles?
(inspirational brass band ensemble)
(awe-inspiring orchestral score)
- [Voiceover] Equatorial Guinea, Eric Moussambani.
- [Voiceover] Up, up, up
- [Voiceover] Oh, goodness, me.
- [Voiceover] Oh, no.
- [Voiceover] And heat one of
this Men's 100 Meters Freestyle
and here we haveEric Moussambani
of Equatorial Guinea.
- [Voiceover] This guy doesn't look as though
he's gonna make it.
- [Voiceover] Now I am convinced this guy
is gonna have to get hold of the lane rope
in a minute.
- [Voiceover] Ajen, I'm notsure he's gonna make it, is he?
- [Voiceover] Yeah, he is, you see this is the Olympics.
He's got 17,000 people shouting for him.
- [Voiceover] Eric Moussambani of Equatorial Guinea,
wins heat one of the Men's 100 Meters Freestyle.
Well, I thought I'd seen everything
in the Olympic swimming pool.
(triumphant band movement)
- [Voiceover] How do you feel?
- Bitch, I'm tired.
(rousing final trumpet blast)