- [Voiceover] We've seen a lot of ugliness
this past election year, but for a few brief moments,
it was actually kind of not shitty for like a second.
- It's been absolutely fantastic.
- I'm having a blast.
- You look like you know how to party.
- I party, and I party hearty.
- [Voiceover] At its best, it was a communal thrill ride.
Occasionally, too thrilling.
And we were determined to keep this good feeling going.
We gotta keep hanging out.
- That's right.
- This doesn't end right now.
What's your number?
- Here, take down my number.
Do you have a cell phone?
Okay, you have to turn it on first.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, andthen you have to put my name in.
You're not putting my name in.
- I can't put your name in until I stop and it goes back.
- Okay, but I'm gonna spell it for you.
- Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.
You have to go back to where--
- I feel like you're in your notes section.
- [Hugging Group] Forever and ever, forever and ever,
forever and ever.
- Ever! Just one more.
- Huh huh! I'm gonna miss you.
Huh? Get in here, a low hug, yeah!
A low hug, ah yeah, buddy! Whoo!
This has been great, we should totally do this again.
It peaked with a dose of uncut togetherness.
- But once the balloons dropped,we knew the party was over.
I don't want it to end (sobbing).
I never want this to be over.
- (crying) I don't want to leave.
I wanna stay right here.
- No one go home!
Everyone just stay here for just a little bit longer!
Time to go back to our boring, stupid lives.
(The Daily Show theme music)